2016 GBC The Stable

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that beer purchase was too smooth. golden when can I expect my refund and list of hoops I must jump through in order to end up not getting bottles after all?
It seems unlikely we will ever have anything on that level of desirability. Maybe 6 or 7 years after our first $45 bottle.

It seems unlikely we will ever have anything on that level of desirability. Maybe 6 or 7 years after our first $45 bottle.

Don't sell yourself short on the popularity. There are lots of sought after beers that sat around for weeks or months. Isabelle Proximus is a perfect example during the first go round. I assume when the time comes you guys will handle it much better.

This sounds so ****ing good.

rXhqCiZ.png

Salty Poms - 4.0% abv tart and earthy farmhouse ale aged in oak barrels with pomegranate and salt. This experiment features the tart, earthy, and rustic flavors of pomegranate balanced by a small charge of sea salt. The salt does a remarkable job at balancing out the acidity in this tart and savory beer. Limit 2 per person. $16 each. 750mL bottle. Salty Poms is will not be distributed.
Aw yes. Want this in my belly now.

Here's the rest of the August 20th release for those not in the Stable.

George
(August 2016) - 4.1% abv tart and fruity farmhouse ale aged in oak barrels with peaches. We recently started labeling our bottles with release month for internal tracking. Part of the reason we have multiple releases of George throughout the year is that we like to use fruit when it's available. We selected this tart beer with peaches to honor grandpa George because he and grandma Sylvia used to make traditional Czech peach dumplings together every summer in the peak of peach season. This is the sour peach beer that we all know and love. It's crisp, dry with a load of stone fruit flavor and aroma. George will see very limited distribution.

Blackberry Oro (August 2016) - 4.2% abv tart and fruity farmhouse ale aged in oak barrels with blackberries. This little treat is sour, dry and jammy. Blackberry Oro is unlikely to see much distribution, if any at all.

Solera - 5.0% abv mixed culture solera-style ale aged in bourbon barrels for 131 days. We currently have a couple small solera-style projects in process. If you're not familiar with a solera, it's the result of removing a portion of beer from a barrel and topping it up with fresh beer or wort. The first beer pulled out of these barrels was aged 131 days in third hand bourbon barrels lending a light balance of wood and vanilla flavors to this dry, light, citrusy and crisp farmhouse ale. We refilled the barrels immediately, so the next release will be a blend of old and young(er) farmhouse ale. We expect Solera to change over time, with the average age of the beer growing older with each successive harvest - shifting away from the wood and vanilla flavors towards more funk and acidity. But, only time will tell... Solera will see limited distribution.

George
(August 2016) - 4.1% abv tart and fruity farmhouse ale aged in oak barrels with peaches. We recently started labeling our bottles with release month for internal tracking. Part of the reason we have multiple releases of George throughout the year is that we like to use fruit when it's available. We selected this tart beer with peaches to honor grandpa George because he and grandma Sylvia used to make traditional Czech peach dumplings together every summer in the peak of peach season. This is the sour peach beer that we all know and love. It's crisp, dry with a load of stone fruit flavor and aroma. George will see very limited distribution.

Blackberry Oro (August 2016) - 4.2% abv tart and fruity farmhouse ale aged in oak barrels with blackberries. This little treat is sour, dry and jammy. Blackberry Oro is unlikely to see much distribution, if any at all.

Solera - 5.0% abv mixed culture solera-style ale aged in bourbon barrels for 131 days. We currently have a couple small solera-style projects in process. If you're not familiar with a solera, it's the result of removing a portion of beer from a barrel and topping it up with fresh beer or wort. The first beer pulled out of these barrels was aged 131 days in third hand bourbon barrels lending a light balance of wood and vanilla flavors to this dry, light, citrusy and crisp farmhouse ale. We refilled the barrels immediately, so the next release will be a blend of old and young(er) farmhouse ale. We expect Solera to change over time, with the average age of the beer growing older with each successive harvest - shifting away from the wood and vanilla flavors towards more funk and acidity. But, only time will tell... Solera will see limited distribution.
Jeez that's a hawt list.
54daea9c8d90e_-_esq-01-krysten-ritter-032712-de.jpg

George

Oh god, spending so much again. RIP wallet.

George

So in. If the Stable is open for memberships next year, I definitely won't think twice this time.

Thanks, I saw that but it looked like it was the wait list for 16 after it had filled up. Wasn't sure if it rolled or not. Adding myself now.

edit: No confirmation email rec'd, but I have faith my entry has gone through...

Last edited:
The easy decision renewal is done. Now I have a month to dwell over whether or not to reup at the Bruery.

Anyone know the info on when/if memberships will open up for the public?

From the renewal email:

You have until September 30 to secure your membership. On October 1, the wait list will be solicited to fulfill the remaining memberships. If any memberships remain on November 1, the general public will have the opportunity to join The Stable.

From the renewal email:

You have until September 30 to secure your membership. On October 1, the wait list will be solicited to fulfill the remaining memberships. If any memberships remain on November 1, the general public will have the opportunity to join The Stable.
Sounds like I need to join the wait list! Assuming this can be done on their website?

Added myself to the wait list. I've cut down on beer spending considerably, but this is the only membership I really care about.

The more times you add yourself to the waitlist, your chances of winning increase exponentially. golden told me that!*

*That is a false claim that I have been repeating as a mantra to myself in the hopes of winning good beer.

Back