2016 GBC The Stable

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gawdamn, it's only Jan 4th and my resolution of spending less on beer already went out the window.
I mean... I guess I can revise my similar resolution to only include buying GBC bottles, right?

Gonna celebrate the email blast by opening a Sangrioro Pepa tonight (my only GBC bottle at this moment).

Alright, **** just got real. Anybody here willing to proxy for me? I'll order some 12-shippers to your place and provide labels as well as FIB thank you beers.

X76z6_f-maxage-0.gif

FYI,

Sent an email this morning asking about the pick up window on currently available bottles.

"Hi! good question! The pick up deadline on current inventory was not clearly defined in the email. We’ll do a better job in the future to define pick up periods. Everything purchased during the current pre-sale window will have a pick up deadline of 2/28."

As my proxy goes to pickup the last of my 2016 bottles, I've been reflecting on a year of minimally carbonated and/or overly acidic beers from the past year. Joined GBC after having some good draft beers and believing in the long term barrel program. Since then, I haven't had a bottle that I would bring to a share or rave about. Everything has been flawed, acetic, undercarbed, thin, or oxidized.

GBC is like the Knicks...they look amazing on paper, but they can't execute. Roble Salud dissapoints me like Derrick Rose...great when you crack it, but falls completely apart soon thereafter.

rosehurt.0.gif

I hope things improve in the 2nd year for y'all, but most of my allocations have been given away or helped sautée onions.

29NyHzvh.jpg

As my proxy goes to pickup the last of my 2016 bottles, I've been reflecting on a year of minimally carbonated and/or overly acidic beers from the past year. Joined GBC after having some good draft beers and believing in the long term barrel program. Since then, I haven't had a bottle that I would bring to a share or rave about. Everything has been flawed, acetic, undercarbed, thin, or oxidized.

GBC is like the Knicks...they look amazing on paper, but they can't execute. Roble Salud dissapoints me like Derrick Rose...great when you crack it, but falls completely apart soon thereafter.

rosehurt.0.gif

I hope things improve in the 2nd year for y'all, but most of my allocations have been given away or helped sautée onions.

29NyHzvh.jpg

All of the bottles I have opened, 2016 members bottles and regular releases have been undercarbed.

Curious if either of you happened to contact GBC about this issue and what their response (if any) was.

All of the bottles I have opened, 2016 members bottles and regular releases have been undercarbed.
that's really strange. i've had dozens of bottles without a carb issue. i had one off bottle of george (burnt plastic) over a year ago. that is the only quality issue i've ever had with them.

well golden is here listening.

5-53.gif
I am and I am bummed your experience has been less than good. I also would have hoped you would have messaged me or emailed the stable rather than post it up here. I also hope that you will have an open mind if you are offered some of our beer at a share or when you open your last bottles.

I am and I am bummed your experience has been less than good. I also would have hoped you would have messaged me or emailed the stable rather than post it up here. I also hope that you will have an open mind if you are offered some of our beer at a share or when you open your last bottles.

For sure man, I am not losing sleep over it. If they were $30+ bottles, I'd probably be more perturbed.

I'll drop you guys a email, but just been lazy and haven't taken detailed notes or photos of the off bottles. Plus I don't know how to embed inline gifs into my emails.

Sorry for talking beer.

For sure man, I am not losing sleep over it. If they were $30+ bottles, I'd probably be more perturbed.

I'll drop you guys a email, but just been lazy and haven't taken detailed notes or photos of the off bottles. Plus I don't know how to embed inline gifs into my emails.

Sorry for talking beer.

He's gonna be stuck drinking some of mine, probably

Back