2016 GBC The Stable

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely some internal evil laughter going on in my head right now

Here's what we have for your first club-only allocation (these bottles are included with your membership):

• Peppers Pride - 5.2% abv dry and tart farmhouse ale aged in oak barrels with Cabernet Franc grapes. Last harvest (September), Robyn and Brandon went out to pick grapes with their good friends at Eli Madyson Vineyard & Winery in Fallbrook. This single barrel experiment features Cab Franc grapes, which dominate the flavor and aroma profile with bell pepper and spice notes. One per person.
  • Violet Sky - 4.0% abv dry and tart farmhouse ale aged in oak barrels with Mourvedre pomace. Pomace is an interesting addition - it's essentially the skin, leaves, and branches that remain after grapes have been pressed during the wine making process. This Napa Mourvedre pomace is rich in deep red wine and berry notes, offering a stark and unique contrast to our base sour beer. One per person.
Plus more awesome looking bottles for presale !
  • Salud - 6.5% abv sour mixed fermentation farmhouse ale aged in oak barrels. This blend of several oak barrels is acidic and dry with underlying earthiness, stone fruit, citrus rind, oak and layers of funk.
  • Cheers Frenchie - 6.5% abv mixed fermentation ale aged in oak barrels with apricots. We aged "A La Votre" with apricots in French oak barrels for three months to craft this delicacy with flavors of ripe apricot, a firm acidity, and funk.
  • Roble Salud - 6.5% abv single barrel aged mixed fermentation farmhouse ale.This is a single barrel selected from the "Salud" batch that we particularly enjoyed for its balance and complexity. At bottling it featured flavors of aged cheese, lemon rind, and stone fruit with a acidic and dry finish. We are only offering this beer to our club members.

Anyone have a verdict on the Violet Sky or Pepper's Pride? I really want to try both of them but would like to know what people think? Someone else be my guinea pig!

Cheers

Agreed! Anyone else have the chance to crack open Violet Sky, Pepper's Pride or Roble Salud yet? I plan on opening mine in the near future, but always love to hear what others think as well.

Anyone have a verdict on the Violet Sky or Pepper's Pride? I really want to try both of them but would like to know what people think? Someone else be my guinea pig!

Cheers

Agreed! Anyone else have the chance to crack open Violet Sky, Pepper's Pride or Roble Salud yet? I plan on opening mine in the near future, but always love to hear what others think as well.

Let's get to popping some bottles!

Very Cabernet Franc forward

If you don't know what that means, it's got some bell pepper going on.

8823629adb0004535456f0a3de400c16_640x640.jpg

I found Violet Sky quite delicious. Aggressive vinaceous notes, very dry finish, not much funk.

At GBC enjoying a few pints. LA Cheese (Citra dry hopped IPA with Brett) is phenomenal! golden please tell me this will be available in bottles at some point!

This sounds right up my alley. I agree, we need bottles.

Thirded. golden you heard the people. Do it.

The month or more of bottle conditioning might do some weird things. This is our IPA and I'm telling everyone to drink it fresh. With that being said, I'll run it by the team.

The month or more of bottle conditioning might do some weird things. This is our IPA and I'm telling everyone to drink it fresh. With that being said, I'll run it by the team.
True, my brett IPAs are very different bottle conditioned vs kegged. I need to make a trip out to CA and try it fresh I think.

Back