2015 Bourbon County releases

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what, the third or fourth redesign for this bottle? Black Friday 2016 is going to feature variants with throwback labels and bottled in nips.

If they're going with the Coke ---> New Coke ---> Coca-Cola Classic approach, then I will take it all back but be even more annoyed because I'll be able to get the New Coke bottles but not the Coca-Cola Classic and new nip bottles in 2016.

Both of them go at least one adjunct further than necessary.

"How about maple and pecans for Proprietor's? It's a classic dessert combo that should work well."

"Okay, but let's add a bunch of peppers just because we ****ing can!"
Makes me wonder if Greg Koch is working for Goose Island now

They need to fire any employees directly associated with designing and/or implementing the new bottle/label. The old bottles were appealing to the eye, they had a sleek look to them with the labeling. These are ****ing stupid. Why not just use the 500ml bottles with the same labels, such as what HF does?

Also, what's up with the mug that dude holding the bottle is giving? Holy **** does he look proud of that bottle or what.
Mash paddlers tend to be very satisfied with themselves these days.

Slightly cheaper than last year. Remember last year the "retail" price for regular shot up to $29.99/4, .62/oz.
Depends where. It was probably about 23 or 24 here, up from 20 dollars in prior years.

New bottle ☑
New neck label (indicating they are the OG barrel traplords) ☑
New whacky ingredients to keep things interesting ☑
Early, hype inducing announcement ☑

jump-the-shark.gif

Both of them go at least one adjunct further than necessary.

"How about maple and pecans for Proprietor's? It's a classic dessert combo that should work well."

"Okay, but let's add a bunch of peppers just because we ****ing can!"
Yup.

"Oh and I think this new combination of berries will be tasty, a new riff on our popular fruit variants."

"Yeah but what if we added....SEA SALT!"

"Dude! Genius!"

Of course I thought 2014 Prop sounded weird but it's one of my favorite stouts of all time.

Hopefully the variants will reach further than last year.

I'm definitely going to buy some but unlikely to stock up like I did last year unless the price on regular/barleywine is about the same per ounce (which I'm not counting on).

Looking forward to the **** show that Rare causes. The FIB War Room is going to be required reading on Black Friday.

Whatever you find that you don't buy I'll take baby :)

Back