2016 Bourbon County releases

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least in the Chicago market Goose is sending way more Rare out into the wild than last year. Most Binny's got 1-2 cases last year and the few I've spoken with have 3-4 already for the release. Select grocery stores around the Chicagoland area are getting Rare as well.

I'm sure there will be a cellaring upcharge so GI can try to recoup lost profits from the Infection issues.

At least in the Chicago market Goose is sending way more Rare out into the wild than last year. Most Binny's got 1-2 cases last year and the few I've spoken with have 3-4 already for the release. Select grocery stores around the Chicagoland area are getting Rare as well.

I'm sure there will be a cellaring upcharge so GI can try to recoup lost profits from the Infection issues.
Theyre sending out last years rare?

Tasted good.

0lN9tiih.jpg

I've moved most of the recent discussion to this thread as it generally was shifting to discussion of the 2016 release, even if a few posts in there did reference the 2015 infection.

I seriously thought I was having a pre-cognitive stroke for a bit there.

Also the local super liquor store here is selling 2015 BCBW this Friday that they claim they did not hold back, but rather were sold by GI very recently as being "okay, cleared for no infection".

Umm ok.
Ya I saw this and was confused. I thought all BW and coffee were infected last year? How is this possible?

Anyone else hear of a decently sized infection issue this year as well that lead to limited releases? (ie the maple Rye, etc.)

My 2016 says it's 13.8

13.8% checking in.

fxopqyIh.jpg

Bottle I had the other night was Borboun heavy.

I might be lying about the 13.7 but the bottle is in the kitchen and I currently have a wife and dog sleeping partially on one leg or the other.
Yes, I was lying. Mine is 13.8% as well. My 2016 BW was 13.7%.

Still curious whether there is a 14+ version around this year.

Hearing through the unreliable grapevine (distributor-to-store-to me triple hearsay, internet crap chatter, etc.) that it's going to be a much smaller release than last year. One reason I saw floated (no evidence to back it up, but at least plausible) was needing to source all-new barrels post infection issues or something along those lines.

I do know that, at least on the initial run, my local store said they are getting a lot less than last year. But it's also possible ABInBev is making reductions asymmetrically, market-wise.
We got way less than last year. And we never got that much to begin with, but of course my buddy on vacation in Florida sends me pictures of stacks of BCBS at ****ing Walmart or whatever.

We got way less than last year. And we never got that much to begin with, but of course my buddy on vacation in Florida sends me pictures of stacks of BCBS at ****ing Walmart or whatever.
There definitely seems to be more regular out here. Places that didn't get any last year have cases, places that got a case or two have 4+. Not sure if that's actually true, but based on my poking around it seems to be.

There definitely seems to be more regular out here. Places that didn't get any last year have cases, places that got a case or two have 4+. Not sure if that's actually true, but based on my poking around it seems to be.
We got 4 cases last year, 10 the year before, and more in years prior... And none this year. No cooperage, no variants, none. The entire distributor was shut out.

Back