Regular Bourbon County Stout 2015 Infection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think they do.
I've seen several folks in Facebook beer groups and other places use it. There's so much misinformation and idiots in those groups that I didn't want to start a minor shitstorm by calling them out.

Edit: just going to assume that these folks don't know what they're talking...

I've seen several folks in Facebook beer groups and other places use it. There's so much misinformation and idiots in those groups that I didn't want to start a minor shitstorm by calling them out.

Edit: just going to assume that these folks don't know what they're talking...
Yeah probably. I don't venture from here too often.

The only thing that bugs me is derisively using the term "adjunct" as if it is inherently bad or worse, #newmoney.

I thought an adjunct was a supplemental source of fermentable sugars like corn, rice, wheat etc? Not coffee and chocolate. It seems like most people are misusing the term either way.
Yeah part of me wonders if the thought process for people calling it that is "Well, they're owned by Bud and everybody knows they use rice to save money, so that's what they do for Bourbon County. Wake up, sheeple!"

I was telling my buddy when we each scored a bottle last week "i'm going to go post that its infected and ground floor that **** this year". Always the bridesmaid, never the bride... :(

It's not at all a defining term for adjunct , I think what people get fighting on is "is it a barrel aged stout? Or is it a barrel aged stout with dry spices/additives to make you taste something different other then what a typical bourbon barrel offers." I enjoy both but I think the line can be blurred when a brewery offers a barrel aged stout with coffee beans, chiles, vanilla , chocolate, etc..."

Had one last night (one of the bottles that I sent the neck label in for record) and it was infection cittaayyy.

Had one last night (one of the bottles that I sent the neck label in for record) and it was infection cittaayyy.

Yeah, since I couldn't find any 16 yet, I tried 3 refunded 15s this week - they were decent until even a couple of months ago, but now immediate drain pours.

I thought an adjunct was a supplemental source of fermentable sugars like corn, rice, wheat etc? Not coffee and chocolate. It seems like most people are misusing the term either way.
The term "adjunct" has been co-opted to mean any flavorings or additional ingredients added to a beer to enhance it. Stuff like coffee, fruit, flowers, flour, etc.

It's not right at all, but craft beer is full of idiots who like to use "exclusive" descriptive words like "resiny" and "horse blanket", so is it really that surprising?

Back