$200 budget for B-day gift, what should I get?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garcia

Reaction score
Future wife and I agreed to keep it under $200 for our gifts as we are going through a wedding.

Anyways, not including beer ingredients, good wish list ideas?

If you don't already have it I would get temperature control.

Craigslist freezer ~ $150
Stc-1000 ~ $20
Thermowell for carboys ~ $20

Already got temp control, and freezer.

:-/ I mostly lager now a days.

A bucket, two BB carboys, 1keg.

I do not own a wort chiller or O2 system. I just don't see the need for the O2, and feel that the wort chiller is a waste of water. I might be wrong.

Forgot to add, spike brewing kettle with everything.

A wort chiller is anything but a waste of water. If you are afraid of wasting water you can recirculate

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Well, I think neither a wort chiller or O2 system is a waste of money. Maybe not the FIRST things to get, but I think they improve the brewing process.

I'd say a chiller and a pump, but that would be pretty close to the limit. Texas is probably not as efficient for chilling as Michigan is though.

There's all kinds of things you *could* get. If you aren't doing AG yet, I think a mill and a mash tun would make a nice upgrade. Upgrade the kegerator to more kegs.

Doing AG already. Guess I might go with some O2 system and wort chiller. Darn it, not sure what to do.

A single keg setup?

I'd want a wort chiller, wasting water or not. Chilling my wort is pretty important to me.

Ammo.

If I were going to spend $200 right now on brewing, I'd get a mill, better chiller or nicer mash tun. Most likely, a nicer mash tun. The lhbs I use do a great job milling for free. My chiller is good enough. My tun is an old chest cooler that leaks a little.

An immersion chiller with pump. Throw the pump in an ice chest with ice water and recirculate. Works great, minimal water wasted. Use it later to water your garden.

Back