12 Beers of Christmas 2020 Edition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Box from @satph and @fourfarthing has arrived safely.

CA13F887-1719-48F7-B54C-3A3B78ADCA82.jpeg

Just got a package from @Yeroc. Everything was intact and that was actually really great packaging. I'm saving it and using it for another time!

I have 3 of the packages boxed up, but won't get to shipping until Monday most likely.

Met @fourfarthing he dropped off @jack13 @j1laskey and @TBC's beers--thanks everyone! Especially excited to try the beers we didn't get in last year's trade. @Hoppy2bmerry, please tell me the box was already in the recycling with 5 beers in it, more justification for me tearing apart all the packing material when I get a package in fear of throwing away a small part. 😜

Met @fourfarthing he dropped off @jack13 @j1laskey and @TBC's beers--thanks everyone! Especially excited to try the beers we didn't get in last year's trade. @Hoppy2bmerry, please tell me the box was already in the recycling with 5 beers in it, more justification for me tearing apart all the packing material when I get a package in fear of throwing away a small part. 😜
Believe it or not, my MIL called the other night to thank us for a gift from last Christmas that she discovered as she went to use the box to send something this year! This box will be filled back up and shipped soon. 🎁🍻

Received @JAReeves package today! All intact! Thank you. I'm looking forward to trying it!

Finishing up my labels guys. Everything will be shipped early next week and I'll send everyone their own tracking numbers.

Had everything set to pack up this weekend and couldn't find any tape! Ill have it all packed up tonight and shipped out tomorrow morning.

I received @passedpawn package today.

BTW, did everyone receive mine? I have misplaced the receipt with all the tracking numbers on it.

I did. You did not skimp on the cherry...very tasty!

Glad you liked it. I was afraid it was just a bit much but I really liked how it came out. I’ve had yours and it was great! I’m still fighting a gout episode but as soon as I’m cleared up I’ll be trying everyone else’s.

I received @passedpawn package today.

BTW, did everyone receive mine? I have misplaced the receipt with all the tracking numbers on it.

Here's where we are today. @satph and @j1laskey, overachievers. Also @CaddyWampus, thanks for that Christmas Cookie, I crushed that in no time while putting up Christmas lights outside this past wkend. Delish. I haven't opened any of the homebrews yet, probably wait until closer to Christmas when my youngest boy comes home from school. He and some school buddies just brewed their first beer up there. They are so excited. I'll share with him.

[edit] @fourfarthing is an overachiever too. He also sent an IPA that didn't come to school on picture day (I screwed up).

1607567047188.png

Last edited:
Here's where we are today. @satph and @j1laskey, overachievers. Also @CaddyWampus, thanks for that Christmas Cookie, I crushed that in no time while putting up Christmas lights outside this past wkend. Delish. I haven't opened any of the homebrews yet, probably wait until closer to Christmas when my youngest boy comes home from school. He and some school buddies just brewed their first beer up there. They are so excited. I'll share with him.

View attachment 709624

Did you not get my IPA?

We got @passedpawn today!

9D212452-B2F4-4CD7-8C1E-F60DDB3DE054.jpeg

BTW I'm in again next year for sure, and talked to a friend who is also interested. ...and he'll definitely come through.

From the rules...

How to not be a d*u$hb@g:
As much as it pains me to post this part, the simple fact is that, every single year this project has been run, there has been at least one brewer who has simply up and vanished, and at times has been shipped homebrew in good faith before their disappearance has become apparent.

Based on this, I wish to request that all participants be either relatively established HBT members (more than a year since joining) *or* be a paid (Supporting or Lifetime) member, *or*, have successfully participated in the previous year.

From the rules...

As much as it pains me to post this part, the simple fact is that, every single year this project has been run, there has been at least one brewer who has simply up and vanished, and at times has been shipped homebrew in good faith before their disappearance has become apparent.

Based on this, I wish to request that all participants be either relatively established HBT members (more than a year since joining) *or* be a paid (Supporting or Lifetime) member, *or*, have successfully participated in the previous year.

He doesn't post much, but he's been on HBT for years.

From the rules...

Yeah, I’m pretty bummed by all the West Coast drop outs. Worst year yet since I’ve been participating. I know some people have real life problems that change what they can do, and I empathize, but still feeling disappointed.

Agreed. Hope it's a COVID thing and will get better next year.

I empathize 100% if people have situations that keep them from finishing. But I cannot abide the lack of communications. Just dropping out without a comment in this thread is completely unacceptable.

For example, @wstbrewing and @CarLock Brewing. If you're wondering who Carlock is, she was a friend of wstbrewing. We broke the rules to let her into the group. Derp. I'd like to think this is a precautionary warning for next years' edition, but I think we are a bunch of big-hearted people that can't say no. Best to stick to the rules and ONLY IF there are still openings by some date, say April 1, then open it up.

I do like east coast / west coast split. Hope there are enough participants next year to repeat that.

Also, while I'm on a tear here, I want to commend @TBC for running the circus this year. Great job.

Last edited:
Back