10g keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokinghole

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up a 10g firestone keg today for $50 I think I got a good deal considering what I've seen new and old selling for. It needs some cleaning and disconnects but looks okay. I plan on using it as a fermenter though as I'm not kegging at the moment.:ban:

Hell yes you got a good deal! Take care of it/clean it up and you can sell it for 4 times what you paid.

Yeah but the weird thing about this specimen is that it does not have the standard corny style lid. It has a turn and lock lid with a second piece on the inside connected through the lid to a thumb screw. Also since the lid is not a normal corny lid it also has what I think to be the bleed nozzle between the gas/liquid discons on the shoulder.

DSCN1458.jpg

I'm trying to find orings for the lid, and it may take the normal ones but I don't have any on hand. I'll bring it with me to the LHBS on wed. to check on part prices and what fits.

Hell yes you got a good deal! Take care of it/clean it up and you can sell it for 4 times what you paid.

They really worth that much? i just picked one up for $30 but i didn't think they were worth all that much....i've had to put a fair amount of cleaning into mine so far. Mine's got the standard corny lid with just the two post....unlike this one with the 3rd post and twist lid.

now if only i could get some 3g's for cheap...LOL.

After much searching on this board I still got nothing. Only found one other person with pics of it and it doesn't seem he had luck with parts. I'm okay with that because I bought it with intention of being a fermenter but if I could I'd certainly like serving out of it in the future. I guess in all else fails I could get it cut by a buddy at a machine shop and have him weld in a normal corny top. Or I could just forget about using it for serving and just ferment in the ***** like I plan.

Also to head off any dairy comments. It says "Property of Pepsi-cola Company of Canada Limited"

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/can-you-i-d-firestone-keg-2863/index3.html

call http://www.simgo.com/ in Canada. the guys there will know what it is and will let you know if parts are available. you will have to call (they still do business like it's the 80"s - probably just like the keg)

This is all too much work at this point haha. I'm a bit lazy so I'll find a gasket for the lid and just ferment in it. Maybe in the future I'll frankenstein it with a current model corny.

Latest posts

Back