1 Gallon All-grain kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nktsvls

Reaction score
I am interested in trying some all-grain batches but only have the equipment to do 1 gallon size batches (the AHS small AG kit) but am somewhat bored with the small selection of 1g kits AHS offers. I have been doing 5g AHS mini-mash kits and still enjoy the brewing and the results so am not quite yet willing to upgrade my kettle and build a LT (I am a college student renting a room out of someone else's house so space and money are both issues for me).

Anyways, my question is does anybody have any advice on converting 5g All-grain recipes to 1g recipes? Is it as simple as just cutting the recipe by a fifth? The cook in me says yes but the still-learning homebrewer says I should ask for advice. I'm interested in trying some of the recipes posted here on HBT, especially a black IPA that I saw.

Thanks for any advice!

Yeah, just convert down by a fifth. Your water ratios will remain the same and your boil off wont change. Use a 1.25 to 1 lb ratio on gour mash and youll be fine. Also I recommend BIAB for those small batches...too easy

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Home Brew mobile app

Yeah, just convert down by a fifth. Your water ratios will remain the same and your boil off wont change. Use a 1.25 to 1 lb ratio on gour mash and youll be fine. Also I recommend BIAB for those small batches...too easy

Awesome, thanks for the info

Latest posts

Back