Good Site for Mail Order DME Recipe Kits?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSBrewer

Reaction score
I used to love Austin Homebrew Supply for their recipe kits. For each recipe, they had a drop-down menu to choose between all grain, LME, and DME, but that option is gone now. It looks like they list the recipe kits individually for all grain or LME, but no DME options. I could try reconstructing my two favorites (AHS Falconer's Flight IPA and AHS Double Chocolate Stout) with individual ingredients, but putting together the grain bag looks challenging. Are there any other places that sell DME recipe kits that you'd recommend?

Malt Extract Beer Recipe Kits | MoreBeer
If I don't buy locally, I buy here.

I can't speak to their kits because I'm hardheaded and insist on creating my own recipes but they have fair prices and will probably give you a (10% ish) discount if you time it right or just sign up for their mailing list . It also appears that they meet your criteria of being able to choose between LME and DME for the kits.

I ordered from Craft A Brew in the past and was very happy with them. I used the 1G ones when first starting out, but they also sell 5G recipe kits.

Rite Brew also sells DME kits but you probably won't find the exact recipes you used to get from AHS. The specialty grains in the two kits you mentioned shouldn't be hard to find at all. Is the problem the small quantities?

I could try reconstructing my two favorites (AHS Falconer's Flight IPA and AHS Double Chocolate Stout) with individual ingredients, but putting together the grain bag looks challenging.
For LME volume conversion, Brewers Friend has a conversion calculator.

For the IPA, use an "extra light" or pilsen DME (for a lighter beer color). For the "stout", a "golden light" DME (or a "pale ale" DME) will contribute "2-row" (or "pale ale") malt flavors.

For store crushed specialty malts, a vacuum sealer can be used store left over amounts for a future batch. Some on-line stores will sell in less than 1# amounts (e. g. RiteBrew's "grain quick select" page) but there may be limitations.

Lately I have been buying extract kits (5G) from Label Peelers. I have brewed 3, 5g recipes from them. Some are BrewersBest BB recipes others are their own DIY. All turned out good. They have good prices with some at 50% discount. As others said, RiteBrew is good for kits and ingredients. About the lowest price, even with the added shipping

Latest posts

Back