Fellowship of the Drink II: The Two (beer) Towers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorrak

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
After the success of round 1 of Fellowship of the Drink, it's time for Round 2!

This is a beer swap, allowing forum members from around the (continental) United States to try beer from outside their proverbial backyards. You select a few beers as your offer to fellow drinkers, and they do the same. We then draw names for the selection order and everyone gets a chance to pick the offer they're interested in. When all is said and done, you ship your offer to the person who selected it, and whoever provided the offer you selected ships it to you.

And then we all drink! :mug:

Here's how it works:
If you're interested in participating, post in this thread. Once you've been approved to participate, PM me a photo of your offering (and, ideally, beer advocate/ratebeer/etc. links to give an idea of what exactly it is). Several days before the drawing, I will post the list of offerings (with photos). On the day of the drawing, I will use a random number generator to determine the pick order. We will then

This beer swap is open to all active forum members of legal drinking age - both supporters and otherwise. Activity is to ensure that nobody gets stiffed -- I will make the final determination of who is "active", but don't expect to be allowed to participate unless you have been active for at least a few months, and have at least 50 posts.

What to Offer
To make things a bit cleaner/easier this round, here are some recommendations on what to offer:
  • Each offering should be 2-4 cans or bottles of commercial beer, at least one of which would ideally be local
  • Each offering must also contain 1 piece of glassware
  • Each offering can additionally (optionally!) contain homebrew (this is a homebrew forum after all!)
Want to know what was offered last round? Look here! (Note - the 2-4 can/bottle point is new for this round)

Current Timeline
November 21st - Create thread for Round 2
December 8th (Thursday) end-of-day - All photos & final submissions due
December 8th-9th (Thurs/Fri) - List of offers posted, (optional) preference/pick lists can begin to be submitted
December 11th (Sunday) Morning - (Optional) Preference/pick lists due
December 11th (Sunday) TBA - Drawing occurs

The timeline is subject to change based on participation. Ideally, I'd like to get at least 10 people for this round, but no more than 20.

Any questions? Just ask! And happy drinking!

I dont meet your requirements but i vehemently pleaded my case to participate in the last round. All that said, I hope i proved im serious and I would like in this time around.

I also do not meet the 50 post minimum....but would like to be taken under consideration.

What are the requirements to join, id like in this round!

I see the 50 post requirement, hopefully that means im in then!

I dont meet your requirements but i vehemently pleaded my case to participate in the last round. All that said, I hope i proved im serious and I would like in this time around.

Hey there! I don't doubt that you're serious about wanting to participate, but unfortunately looking at your posting history you aren't an active participant in the forums. Go brew some homebrew, come back here and talk about it, and try to help out your fellow brewers. I can't guarantee there will be a round three, but given how quickly round two is filling up I would imagine there will be. Hopefully by that point you'll be in a good place to qualify, but unfortunately I can't let you join this round.

I also do not meet the 50 post minimum....but would like to be taken under consideration.

I appreciate the interest! Unfortunately, as you noted you aren't quite yet at the level of activity we would look for to participate. That said - you're pretty new to these forums in general - participate in a heated discussion or two, and come back. As I mentioned above, I can't guarantee there will be a round three, but I'd say it seems like it is far more likely than not!

What are the requirements to join, id like in this round!

Basically, be an active participant in the forums, express interest, live in the continental US, and be willing to ship beer/glassware.

Oh, and also be of legal drinking age & legally able to receive shipments of beer. Important detail.

Assuming all the above applies, happy to have you participate!

Here's the list at this point:

Thorrak
jimyson
tjosborne
JDXX1971
nickfern
gromitdj
afro_lou
Calaeb
jerbrew
imasickboy
MarkO22
TBC
Scturo
sfish
pointcity-homebrew

...so we're up to 15. Good group so far!

In under the wire!

And that makes 20!

This round already contains most of the original Fellowship but if you participated in round 1 and aren't already in, you're still welcome to join this round (even though it would put us over the cap).

That said, there may be some people who drop out, so if you're not on the list already (and weren't in round 1) feel free to post here and I'll put your name on the wait list.

I would like to be placed on the waiting list if I could.

Sure thing, added

It's been a minute since I shipped some beer. I will take a wait list spot.

Added!

Given the number of participants, I expect the first few waitlist spots to get added to the raffle, but we won't know until we get a bit closer to the date. That said - thanks for signing up!

Just picked up the glass today, will pick up the beers on Monday. The hardest thing about this is deciding what to offer. Decisions suck. Looking forward to doing this again, nonetheless.

For me, the original trade gave birth to two additional trades with other participants. Fellowship, indeed. :mug:

Back