How many beers do you drink a night?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually go between 2 and 4 a night. A little lighter lately since one of the 2 things tapped is 9%+. Also depends largely on how long I'm at home before hitting the hay. If I happen to finish work early it's usually on the higher side of the scale. I'm sure this thread has existed elsewhere. Oh well.

If I have 2 or3 I am relaxed

But.... Once I get to 6 it's party time ! Lol

However sometimes I opt for some Crown Royal. The wife likes to do a shot or two from time to time and I must admit I enjoy that as well.

Just sayin'

Usually 3. Sometimes 4, sometimes 2. Depends on the style and/bottle size, also.

I almost never have 2 of the same beer in one day.

I always try to enjoy them, not just consume them.

I agree with all of you so far...3-4 but could easily stretch into a 6-8 kinda night

I feel like I only have 2-3 but when I start to clean up all the bottles that have accumulated from the night, the count is closer to 8-10. The issue is that I'm never "drunk" it is just a steady flow of liquid gold. I'm not proud but that is the answer

i must say that sometimes the countertop of empty bottles after a holiday weekend is frightening.

Just finished dinner and I'm half way through #4...the Packer game isn't even on yet!!!!

I'm a 0 to 2 person. It takes forever to kill a keg. I still have an Irish Stout from June and a Pilsner and brown ale from August on tap

Depends on how crazy the workday is...0 craziness 1-2 insanely crazy 3-4 snow day guaranteed the next day I stop counting ::rockin::

Usually 3-4 whether they're 6% or 11% but it's easy to get carried away and drink at least 6. However, I just finished a 7 day stint of not drinking.
Stop or go!

I like the kegs...no empties to clean up... I usually keep pouring them until she starts to look at me funny....she puts me on a 3 beer limit during the week.....that's three in front of her haha

I feel like I only have 2-3 but when I start to clean up all the bottles that have accumulated from the night, the count is closer to 8-10. The issue is that I'm never "drunk" it is just a steady flow of liquid gold. I'm not proud but that is the answer

To quote Albert Collins, "I ain't drunk, I'm just drinkin'".

To answer the OP, somewhere between a couple and a few. When I count the bottles it probably averages 3-4 pints of mid-ABV ale, often more on the weekends.

I'm a 0 to 2 person. It takes forever to kill a keg. I still have an Irish Stout from June and a Pilsner and brown ale from August on tap

Sounds like you're a good candidate for the "Help kill the keg" party. I've had a few of those. On the topic of things I've had a few of... Yeah, tonight is more than average.

I keg and most nights I have zero. I'd say on a weeknight I'll drink 2/3 every couple of weeks. If I don't have to work the next day or on weekends I've been known to have a few, but I never count. (or do I lose count?)

Anyway, I almost feel like I'm a disservice to my beer, but I sure love to brew and share!

Try to do a one-night-on, one-night-off schedule. Aim for the equivalent of 4 x 5% beers. But I love big brews, so this time of year a couple of bombers of 10%ers on a "big" night. When I do that, I make sure to work out the next day, or I am worthless.

I usually only drink 2-3 beers per week. I enjoy my beer very much but I enjoy not having my additional 51 lbs even more.

Sounds like you're a good candidate for the "Help kill the keg" party. I've had a few of those. On the topic of things I've had a few of... Yeah, tonight is more than average.

Generally, I fill growlers to share with people when I need to make room. I have an IPA fermenting now, so it's time to get drinking.

I'm gonna kill the stout tonight while I watch the Packers kill Atlanta. I'm two pints in and that keg is light. Can't be more than one or two pints left.

Generally, I fill growlers to share with people when I need to make room. I have an IPA fermenting now, so it's time to get drinking.

I'm gonna kill the stout tonight while I watch the Packers kill Atlanta. I'm two pints in and that keg is light. Can't be more than one or two pints left.

My keg felt light 4 beers ago I can't believe this thing hasn't burped yet!
Packers are pounding Atlanta---

Back