Wyeast 1007

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gatorjeeper

Reaction score
Brewed an Alaskan Amber clone...pitched at ~50ish and have temp control...raised the temp to 60 after a week...have left in the fermenter for ~7 weeks...I typically do not drink my beers sooner than 3 months. Tasted it and it has that estery/cidery smell to it...does not necessarily taste too cidery though. Raised the temp up to 70 for a week...still the same. Have not lagered it yet. Any thoughts on this?

Did you pitch a starter? What was your mash temp? Your fermentation temps seem ok for the style and yeast. I used Wyeast 1007 in an alt use two months ago and was impressed by how clean it was. Also, lagering fixes a lot of problems so quit stalling ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Did you pitch a starter? What was your mash temp? Your fermentation temps seem ok for the style and yeast. I used Wyeast 1007 in an alt use two months ago and was impressed by how clean it was. Also, lagering fixes a lot of problems so quit stalling ;)

Yeah I did a starter...

I just brewed a christmas ale with this yeast. Came out nice and clean. Fermented @ 62 for 3 weeks. thought the temp range for this strain was around 55 on the low end so Maybe you stressed it a bit at the cooler temps?

I agree 50ish seems low. Since you have temp control how 59 ish was it? What was your pitch temp? Did you temper your starter before pitching ?

Latest posts

Back