What happened to The Great HBT Stogie Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Gentlemen! I survived my first year of teaching in Newark, NJ so it's time to re-stock now that I actually have time to smoke. What are you guys into lately that I should give a try?

Also, are our trusty cc sites still coming through?

Good to see you around! I've seen and heard of several packages getting snagged recently but vendors have been making it right. Ive heard rumors that last year's wrapper crop was garbage though so what you get may not be as good as years past. Ymmv. On the nc side of things anything Foundation Cigars or Crowned Heads is delivering for me.

Working from home today means getting one in early before it heats up

View attachment 1498658642523.jpg

Hello Gentlemen! I survived my first year of teaching in Newark, NJ so it's time to re-stock now that I actually have time to smoke. What are you guys into lately that I should give a try?

Also, are our trusty cc sites still coming through?

Glad to see you made it. My daughter just finished her first year also. Only 40 years left.

TAAs and LEs are being rolled out.

CC sites are doing well.

Good to see you around! I've seen and heard of several packages getting snagged recently but vendors have been making it right. Ive heard rumors that last year's wrapper crop was garbage though so what you get may not be as good as years past. Ymmv. On the nc side of things anything Foundation Cigars or Crowned Heads is delivering for me.

Working from home today means getting one in early before it heats up

See now, I'm going to smoke the new stuff before i believe that hype. Who knows, maybe everything will taste better with lower crop yields?

I've got sine '17 JL2s that I'm itching to bomb you ;)

Thanks guys, it was a rough first year but I made it. I'm really considering a 10 box of Lusis, smoke one each year until my student loans are paid off [emoji50]

See now, I'm going to smoke the new stuff before i believe that hype. Who knows, maybe everything will taste better with lower crop yields?

I've got sine '17 JL2s that I'm itching to bomb you ;)

You drinking this early already? Calm down buddy, no need to get crazy. That's just what I've heard, the wrappers I've seen on the new stuff doesn't look like garbage to me but I guess you need to smoke it and let us know.

You drinking this early already? Calm down buddy, no need to get crazy. That's just what I've heard, the wrappers I've seen on the new stuff doesn't look like garbage to me but I guess you need to smoke it and let us know.

Man i wish i was drinking that early! Yeah I'll let you know... the tracking number ;)

I lost a cigar smoking buddy this week. Completely unexpected...makes me think about my own mortality.

Thanks Kier, I'm having a hard time it because I've never even met his family; I really wish I had before he left. I knew him very well from the cigar lounge; he is also a CPA and we would always talk shop and send each other business. He was a fantastic person and I'm going to miss him.

Wife and I stopped by Cigars International in hamburg, PA. Awesome place i planned on getting a couple sample packs and some hand picked, wound up coming home with 3 sample packs, 6 individuals and a brand new 100ct rocky patel burn humidor

Just because the wife "really liked" the humidor now it's a center piece in the dining room lol who's hobby is this anyways?

That slippery slope though lol

Hey gents, I'm in Playa del Carmen, Mexico for my delayed honeymoon. I know how to spot fake ccs so I'm not planning on buying any of those unless I find real ones.

My real question, though, is are there any good Mexican brands that are worth bringing back a box of if I find a good price?

I feel your pain. I sat in the stands final round on 18 for 12 hours at chambers bay, 2015, 90 plus. Great experience. Enjoy a cold one.

We almost didn't go because it was so hot and it looked like a blowout. The course is close to the coast and usually that means cooler. It wasn't. Hit 94 just before we got there at 1. Thank god for the wind and we walked the whole course. Hit the seacoast later for cooler breezes and more pops as the sun set ;) ........ and now back at work.

Hey gents, I'm in Playa del Carmen, Mexico for my delayed honeymoon. I know how to spot fake ccs so I'm not planning on buying any of those unless I find real ones.

My real question, though, is are there any good Mexican brands that are worth bringing back a box of if I find a good price?

Te Amo are the only Mexican cigars that come to mind but I've never had one. Probably won't be an LDCH store near you but it looks like a nice resort town. Maybe one of the higher end resorts sells cigars.

Did you bring your sunscreen?

There actually is an LCD in playa del carmen but I could only get my wife to commit to one tobacco store with all the shopping we had to do. I opted for Lauro's which rolls their own Mexican puros that you can't get anywhere else. They had ccs and seemed like a reputable dealer. The boxes had the seal and stamp, they weren't trying to sell you anything with a glass top and weren't pushy at all. They had psd4'sand I've never had one so I bit. Lettering on the band is raised, triple cap looked good and it smells like a partagas to me. What do you guys think? View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1499216490.823225.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1499216510.506524.jpg

Back