What happened to The Great HBT Stogie Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah with so many brands available knowing what to buy is daunting, I am currently seasoning my humidor with the shot glass and distilled water method, while i wait i have googled the question to leave the cellophane on or take off, the wife bought me some flavor infused cigars which I don't prefer but i planned on leaving the cello on for those, so what's the opinions of the hbt experts

Wipe down the interior with a damp nearly dry sponge to remove saw dust. A sponge on a plate soaked with distilled water will have more surface area than the shot glass.

Check the seal using the dollar bill technique. Seal seams with food grade sealant if needed. If it has a sure seal closure don't use sealant on that. Painters tape can help with that seal.

Store infused cigars separately or everything will become infused. A ziplock bag or tupperador with boveda bag will do.

Look through the past posts to try and get an idea of what we smoke. Your preferences may differ. I've done the samplers but after a while you'll figure out your preferences.

I prefer maduro so that's mostly what I smoke. Favorites are anything Liga Privada, Crowned Heads, Durbarton Trust, Tatuaje, Arturo Fuente, but there are many more. They cost a little most but I find them to be more complex and not as one dimensional.

Thanks for the advice, i went with a clean brew house sponge that was still new and wiped out the box

Then i got a ziploc bag and placed the sponge on that after adding some more distilled water couldn't find a small enough plate

I also tried the dollar bill trick, it will pull out with some force but not enough to rip the bill so it seemed to be a decent seal

I see the guys with Liga Privada's quite a bit so they have already caught my eye, also want to grab some Montecristo's

Hello Gentlemen! I survived my first year of teaching in Newark, NJ so it's time to re-stock now that I actually have time to smoke. What are you guys into lately that I should give a try?

Also, are our trusty cc sites still coming through?

Hello Gentlemen! I survived my first year of teaching in Newark, NJ so it's time to re-stock now that I actually have time to smoke. What are you guys into lately that I should give a try?

Also, are our trusty cc sites still coming through?

Glad to see you made it. My daughter just finished her first year also. Only 40 years left.

TAAs and LEs are being rolled out.

CC sites are doing well.

Back