What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this beer. I'm so glad we get green flash in Wyoming now. uploadfromtaptalk1389661247362.jpg

I dumped the Santa's Private Reserve by Rouge. Either I just hated the hops they used or the spruce taste...it wasn't what I wanted. Onto my toasted coconut sweet milk stout.

I used to spend one or two weekends a month in Vegas. It was only 4 hours from where I lived in CA. I don't care if I ever go back quite frankly.

I dig it. Not cause I've been there 3x in the last year and a half. Silly Californian women just connect well with New Yorkers. Vegas is classic.

Chicks from Chicago have low standards. And don't mind going to sleep at 8 a.m. Stupids.

It's time for another scotch if I say so myself. Hell of a day.

Nice. That El Cedro is a really interesting beer

Really enjoyed it and couldn't find it anywhere near me (or in Austin over Christmas). Randomly decided to stop by the tiny grocery store by my work and sure enough they had a bunch. Somehow the beer department guy gets a whole lot of leeway, even though it is a very BMC town, that tiny little family store has a great selection always. Last winter I was able to get 2 cases of Deschutes Hop Trip after it sold out in all of Austin in 3 days.

Anyways, other than the Wytchmaker I had planned on storing the rest. But I checked the batches and the El Cedro is from July 2013, the Wunderkind from April 2013. Not sure how much more storage they need, but I will leave at least one of each store for at least 3-6 more months (plus they still had lots more of those so maybe I will just clean them out over the next few months).

I took an all grain recipe for a cream ale and converted it to extract. It came out much darker than I think it should have been. But this is something that I am basically calling a pale ale. Not quite carbonated all of the way but I got impatient and wanted to try it. I would like to re-brew this and see what it tastes like using all grain.
Not terrible though for a low abv beer.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389663964.627655.jpg

Remmy said:
I dig it. Not cause I've been there 3x in the last year and a half. Silly Californian women just connect well with New Yorkers. Vegas is classic.

Chicks from Chicago have low standards. And don't mind going to sleep at 8 a.m. Stupids.

It's time for another scotch if I say so myself. Hell of a day.

I see how it is. You rep new york only when it works for you...:D.

Bonus! SWMBO discovered two bottles of Terrapin Pumpkinfest 2012 in the back of the fridge at work! Woo hoo! Nice bitterness, no too much spice...a little cinnamon and pumpkin in the aroma, but not too strong. And I can reuse the bottles!

terrapin Pumpkinfest 2012.jpg

having a homebrewed brett saison dryhopped with galaxy & mosaic.

Really wish I gone for higher carb volume, but other than that the dry funkiness mixed with that juicy tropical/citrus/peach hop profile is quite good.

Come payday in a couple days I'll be hitting the bottle shop. Until then, PBR is what I'm drinking. If PBR is water, I don't know what everything else in the American Lager arena qualifies as. Air?

having a homebrewed brett saison dryhopped with galaxy & mosaic.

Really wish I gone for higher carb volume, but other than that the dry funkiness mixed with that juicy tropical/citrus/peach hop profile is quite good.

Does the hop flavor hold for the long storage required to get the brett flavor? I am new to brewing with brett and this is one of my questions (will be brewing a rye saison on Saturday with ~55 IBU and will put half away with some brett L).

Really not sure about this. Recommended by the bottle shop. Letting it warm up a bit. Rail House Stout. It's very different but in a good way i think.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389665623.841524.jpg

Does the hop flavor hold for the long storage required to get the brett flavor? I am new to brewing with brett and this is one of my questions (will be brewing a rye saison on Saturday with ~55 IBU and will put half away with some brett L).

This particular beer was bulk/secondary aged with brett for 9/10 months and then aggressively dry-hopped 2 weeks before bottling.

Come payday in a couple days I'll be hitting the bottle shop. Until then, PBR is what I'm drinking. If PBR is water, I don't know what everything else in the American Lager arena qualifies as. Air?

True. I have no prob rocking the Pbr. Usually have a 30 pk around.

Drinking some rye saison. Really not happy with this one... Less than a dozen left so I may just clean the drain with the rest

This particular beer was bulk/secondary aged with brett for 9/10 months and then aggressively dry-hopped 2 weeks before bottling.

Ah, thank you for that clarification, that is what I was thinking needed to be done.

Finally having the Wytchmaker, had to deal with things first and eat dinner. This batch is from June and doesn't mention brett on the label, but it is definitely in there (the new bottles will say brett on there since it seems like they are going for nearly the exact same yeast blend for each beer). Strong pineapple flavor, so probably brett C?

I have made several beers that were dry hopped and then bottled with brett. Oxygen causes hop flavor/aroma to fade and since brett is an anti-oxidative yeast (or something like that) hops stay around much longer with brett than without.

summit saga-last 1, firestone double barrel-last 1, craft beer fridge herd has been thinned,down 2 a few sixers of random stuff, in goes the aging homebrews 2 have.

I have made several beers that were dry hopped and then bottled with brett. Oxygen causes hop flavor/aroma to fade and since brett is an anti-oxidative yeast (or something like that) hops stay around much longer with brett than without.

Awesome, never thought of it like that. The saison would sit about 8-10 months on the brett before I bottle, so I could always dry hop it with 2-3 oz at the end. However I am guessing that the yeast will all be dead, so the brett would do the carbing, does that mean carbing would take longer when bottled?

[Q UOTE=ChefRex;5820752]One more blond, watching some Braking Bad[/QUOTE]

Where's the schraderbrau????? Great show. Just finished watching after amc was nice enough to replay the entire series right around New Year's Day. Saved me a lot of coin using the DVR

Back