What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
German IPAII- German pale malt,german munich,german wheat, german carahell,german carared, german vienna, German hops NB, hershbrucker,Tettnanger. German kolsh yeast. Didnt hit my gravity,kind of low so more of an extra pale ale really. Tet was actually U.S., NB had to subb them for me without my consent. I like tettnager alot though. I wish I had gotten a bigger gravity when making all 3 of my german ipas. All taste like pale ales. And good ones. It also went I=good II=better III=best. Had variance of malts/hops. Kolsh hits a pretty tight dry gravity around 1.008. OH and their about 9 months bottled, slightly overcarbed, great head retention/creaminess and thick lace. Id brew again if I knew for certain which malts made my day more. Cant really say for certain. Used a small amout of too many malts I guess.

Buried Hatchet Stout. Always solid
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389671336.814794.jpg

Hoppyum IPA from foothills. My pops grabbed it as an extra while grabbing some westbrook goods at our place in myrtle. Solid easy drinking IPA. Can't pinpoint the aroma hops but I've used it a ton. Cascade maybe?

Lagunitas sucks after a long, boring shift at work. About time to replenish the beer fridge since all that's left commercially is 5 more of these and my roomates case of stella.

In Africa for the next few months drinking, Brakina, Flag, 33 Export, Pelforth, Beaufort, Guinness Extra Foreign Stout, to name a few...can't wait to get back home to my home brew.

Aging to 12 months - Oak Barrel Whiskey Porter

Hopefully the 4-5 that were still on tap when I left in Nov will be still good when I return in early May.

Honey Porter, Black Lager, Oktoberfest, DoppleBock

bra.jpg

cast.jpg

th.jpg

Come payday in a couple days I'll be hitting the bottle shop. Until then, PBR is what I'm drinking. If PBR is water, I don't know what everything else in the American Lager arena qualifies as. Air?

I assure you that I was kidding around. :)

Yeah... Gonna try. Doesn't hurt that I am a team lead. Apparently the meeting tomorrow is also a happy hour. All the same, I have been with the owner for 14 years. Lots of history is now just that... history.

Hoegarden. Starting light, was given a 12 pack of mixed Belgian brews. Never actually tried hoegarden. Not too bad, but hoppy is coming up next.

Looks like I may be in the same boat. I have yet to figure out if I get traded to another contractor or if I just become a sub. They had better not try to cut my pay.

Morning Thunder tea for the morning. Just got a 6pk of Lake Louie Warped Speed scotch ale delivered to my desk. Can't wait until I can get it home and chilled.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Home Brew mobile app

Water while acclimating myself back to the real world. Had a great vacation with great beers, finally had an old chub and it was on tap, great brew! Drank a lot of dales pale ale, 6 pack of santa fe state pen porter, everything that taos mesa brewing makes, and found some elevated IPA to bring home and enjoy while in NM :D

Had a Southern Tier 2x milk stout with lunch while heating sparge water for my saison. Mash is holding a steady ph of 5.3 and things are looking/tasting good. Wanted to mash the BYO Everett clone after I started boil on the saison but am out of damn London Ale yeast. Ah well.

Back from throwing weights around like baby toys.

Water with lunch and will be having a Coff soon. No beer here as I am at my office today. Not the home office, unfortunately.

Awesome, never thought of it like that. The saison would sit about 8-10 months on the brett before I bottle, so I could always dry hop it with 2-3 oz at the end. However I am guessing that the yeast will all be dead, so the brett would do the carbing, does that mean carbing would take longer when bottled?

If you're bulk aging with brett, I would agree on waiting to dry hop until you're ready to package. 8-10 months is probabaly longer than you'll need to leave the beer in secondary. If you don't add a bottling strain, it will take a little longer to carbonate than if you do.

If you're bulk aging with brett, I would agree on waiting to dry hop until you're ready to package. 8-10 months is probabaly longer than you'll need to leave the beer in secondary. If you don't add a bottling strain, it will take a little longer to carbonate than if you do.

What would you suggest to use as a bottling strain? Champagne yeast or simple US-05? May even have some 3711 left by that time.

And to remain on topic for the thread: water, though I need to grab another cup.

What would you suggest to use as a bottling strain? Champagne yeast or simple US-05? May even have some 3711 left by that time.

And to remain on topic for the thread: water, though I need to grab another cup.

I probably wouldn't add yeast, but if I were going to my preference is towards champagne yeast. It's cheap and reliable under adverse conditions, although both 05 and 3711 would probably be fine as well.

Co-worker just dropped a sixer of Big Eye in my office. Win.

Finally getting into my warped speed, not a bad scotch ale. It's no dirty bastard, but not bad.

Matthias said:
Finally getting into my warped speed, not a bad scotch ale. It's no dirty bastard, but not bad.

Try scotty karate if you get the chance! Dark horse brewing makes it. Absolutely great brew.

A large pint of HB Breakfast Stout. Trying to watch Europa Report. I am lost. Hopefully it explains all this stuff I appear to be missing.

I put strawberry kool-aid in some apfelwein while cooking dinner and all I can say is:
th

Now onto accumulation IPA with my poor woman's dinner of brown rice, black beans, corn and lots of super hot garlic chipotle sauce.

Back