What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spent more years than I care to remember getting up at 3-3:30 am. Bunch of coffee...or maybe 2-3 lil killers & part of a doob for a lil wake-n-bake in my youth. Now 3 different pills & coffee. Now if that darn Dr would give me the kind of steroids in those 5 day packs...HOORAH!

had this last night, pork me some pork slap!

2013-08-12 20.37.58.jpg

Coffee. The head is in surprisingly decent shape, i vaguely remember waking up at who knows what time and pounding a ton of water

You do get a lot less volume (but it doesn't take much), but the only extra, is time and a little dme to build it up to a viable pitch as well as a saved sample.

I also slant/plate my yeast for long term storage.

I guess I understand where you are coming from but if you are already not buying the yeast, what is an extra ounce or 2 of DME? And an extra day running the stirplate? To ensure you have young healthier yeast that will last much longer in the fridge.

I'm done beating the dead horse, but I wouldn't mind hearing more opinions on this.

Yeast is my job, maybe having a full lab including an autoclave, and fancy microscopes has jaded me on the subject.

do you mind me asking where you work cuz that sounds fun playing with yeast all day! im with you on the yeast ranching vs washing. i have a fresh half pack of 1056 stirring away right now :D

also, i had this last night and was disappointed. I saw the brewing tv episode on sours and heard a lot of talk about kriek, knowing nothing else about sours since all my friends are BMC drinker, i purchased this lambic thinking it was a sour :smack::smack: it tasted like a lot of cherries (i know this is kriek now) and was just too sweat for my taste, more of a fruit juice than beer IMO

2013-08-12 22.34.09.jpg

I've got that one left as the last can remmy sent me. Gunna do a TGIF Tasting video with that one. Among other things to be discussed. Can't wait to taste it!

You need to get on that and drink the beers I send you ASAP do you don't get that "aged in a basement" flavor! :ban:

You need to get on that and drink the beers I send you ASAP do you don't get that "aged in a basement" flavor! :ban:

Well...the strange thing is they went straight into the fridge on the door can holder when they came in. After I took a pic of course. I've never done anything beer related in my basement. And nothing in the fridge smellin like that. And it was just that one can??:drunk: The others were fine,even though the box had light damage. That last one will go down Thursday,if my mini PC mike comes in to pump up the volume of my videos. Once I get things set up,& a new memcard (loosing mem space on it??) I'll do a few at a time. Just wanted to share my rare good fortune with the rest of the net. Now if I could just widen my audience...:mug:

unionrdr said:
That looks interesting. Some EKG would accent the lemongrass nicely,since it also gives that flavor.

Truly a refreshing beer on this rainy day in Connecticut.

It looks like it wants to rain or something here as well. It's supposed to be cooler today & the next couple days. Now if I just had the remaining ingredients for my PM IPA's...Gotta get the last of the Maori IPA's in the fridge for the weekend. Or maybe for our anniversary the 27th?...

Channel66 said:
You like?

Very drinkable. Wish it was hotter out. I'd enjoy this style the beer a little more. Good thing I have one more!

Very drinkable. Wish it was hotter out. I'd enjoy this style the beer a little more. Good thing I have one more!

More where that came from, I gotta get you some of their IPA too.

Also make sure you let that allagash warm some as you drink it, I usually enjoy it around 55.

Drinking iced tea right now. Middle of the week, no booze until the weekend when I might crack open one of these beauties I just picked up.
Any Karbach fans in Texas that haven't found any might be jealous.

image-1035526589.jpg

do you mind me asking where you work cuz that sounds fun playing with yeast all day! im with you on the yeast ranching vs washing. i have a fresh half pack of 1056 stirring away right now :D

Currently finishing up my grad work. Already contracted to a local brewery here. You can probably guess which one.

also, i had this last night and was disappointed. I saw the brewing tv episode on sours and heard a lot of talk about kriek, knowing nothing else about sours since all my friends are BMC drinker, i purchased this lambic thinking it was a sour :smack::smack: it tasted like a lot of cherries (i know this is kriek now) and was just too sweat for my taste, more of a fruit juice than beer IMO

Lindemans is backsweetened. Traditional kriek isn't sweet.

Back