What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And ANOTHER Sea Hag. Growler almost **** the bed! Smashed!
image-235933068.jpg

I see they are making good use of the new canning line!

:( ... I've got one more before they are done.

Every time I'm there, they have pallets of all of their beers.

I am gonna hammer the Imperial Stout Trooper once they release it again this fall. Trade-city!:rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin:

While I was at NEBCO today, I chatted with a brewer. He wouldn't spill the beans on the hops used for Gandhi, but he did tell me most of the hops were added in the last 10 min and at flameout of the 90-minute boil.

All of NEBCO's beers are boiled for 90-minutes.

iPhone has a way of determining this. I suggest using the HBT app on mobile - no issues with uploading pics.

Im using the app on android right now. It's odd because I always hold the camera upright, and in my gallery it's alway upright, but after I upload it, sometimes it is, sometimes it isnt.

Im using the app on android right now. It's odd because I always hold the camera upright, and in my gallery it's alway upright, but after I upload it, sometimes it is, sometimes it isnt.

Photo bucket hasa really easy to use android app I much prefer hosting my own pics.

Some of my Berlin Lemonweisse after washing some WL029 yeast. Trub settle on top of the yeast,just like that other guy showed in his flask?...

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Just forget it!!!! "I whill, I whill forget it."

More wheat whine. Though of that movie earlier when I read fermentnething was putting his stout in a wheat whiskey barrel.

My question to you, or other people that wash yeast. Why?

Isn't it easier/more beneficial to build up a larger starter and take your smaller cleaner sample of healthy fresh unstresed yeast right from the starter before pitching? I mean the yeast is a whole generation younger prior to pitch, and a whole lot less stressed.

Also what do you need with 6 jars of the same yeast when 1 young jar will provide you with as many fresh generations as you will ever need?

I'm not getting on your case I just don't understand why so many people practice yeast washing in the way that they do. Trying to figure it out.

The hefe is just because I can. :p the 2308 is because I like the current results in my Bock and Oktoberfest and since they're lagers they need a much higher pitch are. Once eveything drops our I combine the 4 jars into one or two jars. Then I make a big asssed starter out of it. I did a half gallon starter in the oktoberfest and pitched high krausen. I tasted recently without any lager time, and it tastes just like an oktoberfest should after 4-6 months of lagering. The big starter helps. I also try to keep the yeast in similar styles. I'm not going to do a dry stout with my IPA yeast. Can't risk the off flavors. But in another ipa, not a problem .

Billy-Klubb said:
you don't get to ride in our homemade T-Top Camero. hells, we might even bust out the Falstaff!

Throw in some Iron City and Schaefer and you really have a party going there. :D

Back