What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zombies!!!!!!!!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412037998.189655.jpg

sorry guys, but I had to take it up a notch. don't be jealous.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93nD67fX274&feature=youtu.be

I award you 50,001 internets.

Drinking some Chardonnay after getting some French oak soaking in the same Chardonnay for my upcoming Lamebic, to go alongside the French oak soaking in Tawny Port for the Old Ale, and the French oak soon-to-be soaking in Cabernet for my Flanders Red.

And while making the first step of a starter for Malt Liquor. Because I have some Pils malt that's coming on 2 years old, and a couple ounces of leaf Crystal hops that have been in the fridge also coming on two years now. Wanna use em up with something I don't have high hopes for. So making a lager fermented warm and dirty. I'm contemplating trying to bottle it in 40s just for kicks. A smack pack, a few pounds of flaked corn, and some ingredients I'd otherwise be throwing out. Basically $12 and a few hours of my time. Worth it for the gimmick, no?

you guys are awesome. I think I can do better, but not tonight. having one of my CRye Guy IPA before the bed.

Nice video. Had me dying.

Strawberry blonde while cleaning some equipment to bottle texas twang. Might wash out some kegs too. That's what normal people do on their 15th anniversary (still not married), right?

Obviously we're all going to have to send beer to BK to be reviewed on his youtube channel

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Or send it now so he can review it in 2029.

Actually, mhurst should have a 40 year old can of bud billy can try.

What do you think of it? At bottling, it was a bit harsh on alcohol and jalapeño. 2 months in the bottle, damn it's good!

How's the heat? Mine still had a pretty good bite at last taste.
Finally starting to clear so bottling in eminent and it can mellow in the bottle.

Not too spicy like the chile beer I make which is rather hot until it ages a bit.
This is already almost 2 months old from start, so I think the heat is good. I think if it was colder than room temp it would be a little better. I plan on aging most of it a bit.

Finally home from work and enjoying Darthcira's Brett Pale Ale. It's really good. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412052514.812966.jpg

Coffee...kids off to school and then dentist for a replacement crown. Then I have someone buying and moving my pool table that's been in storage for years. I'll probably still be numb. But maybe I'll be able to close out a storage unit...finally!!!

More coff

I wanna brew 2 batches on sat, I gotta get my pipeline back up- I'm gonna do an oatmeal stout 1.062 og and a imperial ipa 1.089 og

Since I'll be going all day I had a thought , what if I combined both mashes, after they have been mashed separately and lautered, into one mash and mash for a 3rd brew.... Do u think I would get anywhere close to an og to make a decent session beer? Just a thought

Thanks

More coff

I wanna brew 2 batches on sat, I gotta get my pipeline back up- I'm gonna do an oatmeal stout 1.062 og and a imperial ipa 1.089 og

Since I'll be going all day I had a thought , what if I combined both mashes, after they have been mashed separately and lautered, into one mash and mash for a 3rd brew.... Do u think I would get anywhere close to an og to make a decent session beer? Just a thought

Thanks

I think if you cold steep your roasted grains on the oatmeal stout (which I would recommend for a smoother flavor anyway) then yeah, you might get a lighter beer out at the end. You won't get any additional conversion since your sparging will pretty much denature the enzymes, but you could probably wash off enough residual sugar for a small batch of a session PA or IPA.

I think if you cold steep your roasted grains on the oatmeal stout (which I would recommend for a smoother flavor anyway) then yeah, you might get a lighter beer out at the end. You won't get any additional conversion since your sparging will pretty much denature the enzymes, but you could probably wash off enough residual sugar for a small batch of a session PA or IPA.

thanks- how do you cold steep your grains, ive never heard of that, the speciality grains for the oatmeal stout will be 2lbs oatmeal, .5 roasted barley, .5 chocolate, and .5 cystal 80.

the final 3rd mash would be 22.5 lbs- the imperial IPA is just 2- row, munich, and victory, maybe i should keep a couple lbs of pale on hand or some extra DME just in case

thanks for the help.

Back