What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried a few beers on Saturday, sorry for the lack of pictures but I feel weird taking pictures of my beer or food at restaurants/bars/etc. Had a cask Stone Ruination which really threw me off. I was expecting a cask IPA. I got a cask coffee ipa that didnt taste bitter/hoppy enough to be a Stone beer. Good though. Later in the night I had a kolsch from I forget where followed by my first Gose, The Kimmie, The Yink, & The Holy Gose. Was sweeter than I expected the style to be. Almost like a lemonaide, I can see this to be a great style for a hot day on the beach or after mowing the lawn.
Then ended up at a sports bar and killed a few pulls of Guinness to cap the night.

Sunday was spent brewing my first batch in months, killing my keg of cream ale and replacing it with the second (I love doing 11 gallon batches) and then several pulls off the sixtel of Great Lakes Oktoberfest that I bought on a whim while at the bottle shop. It was a good weekend though my fantasy foolsball team got beat.

Now as I have finished my third cup of coffee I am ready to continue facing the work day. Its time to switch to water.

Coffee.
2 day work week, then flying to Denver on Wednesday!

Hell yeah! Me too! I've got fam in the Springs so we are headed there on Wed. Then Thurs-Sat it's party time. If your interested in trading, just let me know.

Drinking water, and no beer until Wed in prep for this weekend.

Back to reality.

Coff. Getting stuff in order so I can bottle my oatmeal stout in a few hours.

Hell yeah! Me too! I've got fam in the Springs so we are headed there on Wed. Then Thurs-Sat it's party time. If your interested in trading, just let me know.

Coffee. Back at work after a weekend camping is rough.

in addition to the GABF events for the week, you might want to check out this site for other events.

http://www.denver.org/denver-beer-fest/

[Lloyd Bridges voice] - Looks like i picked the wrong week to stop drinking... [/Llyod Bridges]

Water with breakfast.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKLr8ZtmjYY[/ame]

Iced coffee, setting up to rebrew my chocolate milk stout, late start for me.
If anyone is interested Love2Brew just got a shipment from East coast yeast, not listed on thier website yet, it goes fast, picked up bug farm.
Now what to do with it?

IMG_4651.jpg

He is talking about him self haha.. I couldnt even finish the video. His eyes are all over the place and got annoying. I should do some ridiculous video as a parody

Haha. Yeah, saying you let people drink what they like and then call it macro-garbage would be a good start.

Then break into the "sweetness" flavor of the hops.

Lots of double entandres about bursting in your mouth.

Finish up by rating some rare better than Heady and reasons why you aren't a beer snob.

That's how I'd do it anyway.

Post dry hop sample of my pale ale before bottling tonight. I threw in a total of 3.5 oz of 4 different hops on a whim and so far it tastes amazing!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412008673.641476.jpg

Please let us know how many people you run into spitting out great beer over the weekend. And if you happen to see the beer talk dork snorting beer kick him the berries for all of us.

I've been to a few BA events at the Convention Center in Boston ("EBF" being one of them). Swore I'd never go back, due to long lines because some dude needs to talk to some other dude that is a volunteer pulling a tap about how great the beer is.....but.....now that I know "Darwin" is going I think I must go to meet this asshat, its so worth the price of addmission.

Iced coffee, setting up to rebrew my chocolate milk stout, late start for me.
If anyone is interested Love2Brew just got a shipment from East coast yeast, not listed on thier website yet, it goes fast, picked up bug farm.
Now what to do with it?

Thanks for the heads up! Just snagged a Bug Farm as well so I can do another round of lamBEEc next year!

I've been to a few BA events at the Convention Center in Boston ("EBF" being one of them). Swore I'd never go back, due to long lines because some dude needs to talk to some other dude that is a volunteer pulling a tap about how great the beer is.....but.....now that I know "Darwin" is going I think I must go to meet this asshat, its so worth the price of addmission.

Haha. We are just planning on going to a few of the breweries and events around gabf, but I'm sure there will still be beer asshats to make fun of.

Please let us know how many people you run into spitting out great beer over the weekend. And if you happen to see the beer talk dork snorting beer kick him the berries for all of us.

Haha yeah, I'll let you know. That would be fun.

Bro is in Denver so will likely spend all my time around the city. Only plan on bringing a carry on so trading is not gonna happen unfortunately. Maybe I'll mail myself some beer from there haha.
I'll continue to work out my liver and kidneys until I get there. Don't want them to get outta shape before I drink endless amounts of good beer ;)

I love it when brewmasters are forthcoming with their recipes. Just got a response back from Garrett Crowell at Jester King with their recipe for RU-55. Granted, he took two weeks to reply and I had already brewed mine, but still.

Having some tea still nursing this cold. Flying with a head cold sucks. :(

Not on the beach? Who are you and what did you do with our normal Remmy?

More Wa-dur. Beer in an hour or so.

I got home from vacation and suddenly have a bad cold. Hoping beer will kill it.

I love it when brewmasters are forthcoming with their recipes. Just got a response back from Garrett Crowell at Jester King with their recipe for RU-55. Granted, he took two weeks to reply and I had already brewed mine, but still.

Having some tea still nursing this cold. Flying with a head cold sucks. :(

That is awesome! Do you mind sending me the recipe? Ive never had it but assume its quite good.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412020359.885493.jpg

I am taking a break from the hops. It's only a ten minute break though. Vienna lager = palate cleanser.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back