What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tyzippers said:
And the verdict?

Approve! A pretty solid Pale Ale in my opinion. It is lacking any kind of hop aroma to me. It's been a bit since I've had a pale ale though so I may just be used to super hopped IPAs.

Wookey is a good beer to start the night off!it could use a little more rye spice to it imo. I like it but reach for the DBA more so. Anything Firestone runs through their barrel projects have been awesome so far!

I think technically everything is barrel fermented, but I know what you're saying. I had to pass up 15 and 16 on tap when I saw them, I already had a day drunk going and couldn't hang.

xMalachi said:
Approve! A pretty solid Pale Ale in my opinion. It is lacking any kind of hop aroma to me. It's been a bit since I've had a pale ale though so I may just be used to super hopped IPAs.

I think you might want to try some Deviant Dale's for a more hoppy experience!

Edit: My feeble memory tells me that Deviant Dales and Gubna have very similar qualities.

As long as that's what you're drinking.

Got a hydro sample of my "stalled" vanilla porter. Gravity came down to 1.013, so I'm good. It fermented a bit warm tho, so there's some esters that I'd not like to have in there. Gonna put the beans in anyway.

Next project is ferm temp control. Time to put the thinking cap on.

You'll be amazed what sort of crap a little coffee or maybe some liqour soaked cubes will cover up.

TNGabe said:
You'll be amazed what sort of crap a little coffee or maybe some liqour soaked cubes will cover up.

Hmmm. I could be down with soaking some cubes in makers. Or you think a neutral spirit would be better here? I have a bunch of light toast chips sitting around. Or are cubes the better way to go?

Your the dumbest smart person on here. Stupid to pass it up but at 12 &13% smart

Yeah, I think at $10 for a 12oz pour it was cheaper than bottles per oz, but it was 3 in the afternoon, I was hammered, and I wanted to keep drinking. Why my wife (who really knows better) listened to my opinions on how to navigate the public transportation in a strange city at that point, I'm not sure.

Oh and I am finishing up DCHokie's all brett (WLP645 I'm assuming) Hobgoblin clone. It's a bit sour, tastes very similar to the beers I've done with 645 although less acidity. Oddly Flandersish, tasty beer.

After multiple cheap martinis back home, 'nother one of these.

20130709_213929_HDR_Hagrid.jpg

Nope it's not but I'm sure it's justified.

You call that justified? You shoot when your life is in danger, not when your ***** ass might get bit by a dog. There's this little thing called "escalation of force" and the next step up from barking is not shooting. That cop should be convicted of animal cruelty and then be shot for nothing more than trying to protect his family. Fvcking cock bag! Anyway, sorry for going off topic, but that pissed me right the bless off.

I was celebrating a softball win/trying to numb the pain a little from the shoulder I hurt during said game, but not anymore.

20130709_213453.jpg

I need a recipe for jesse's malt liquor from college street brewery. Its the best malt I have ever had and want to try making abatch. Thanks!

Trying one of these while I pray for the giants to quit circling the drain. A little thin on the mouthfeel for me but the combo of citra/mosaic has me looking for a recipe to put at the front of the pipeline.

ForumRunner_20130709_201130.png

I saw that dam video on the news a few days ago pissed me off to no end. The dog didn't like how the cops were handling HIS handler which is why he sort of lunged at the cop but I don't see that at in danger the dog wasn't even close to him I hope that cop burns in hell after getting shot five times.

Wow alright off the rant that vid has had my blood boiling since I saw it last week I think.

I was drinking this tonight:

image-354883017.jpg

Let's start with the Obsidian from Deschutes. Good stout. Nice and deep flavor, mildly roasty and slightly sweet. A good balance. Once again...Deschutes comes through with a good beer

Outburst IIPA from Pyramid. It's ok. Not bad per-se, just not a real double IPA. Really low on the hop aroma and flavor. Too sweet.

I normally stay away from BMC brands but I'd heard good things, and it was 5$ for a 6-er

image-2849372499.jpg

Having the third glass of my DIPA. The first 2 went down way too smooth, but by the third glass I'm definitely feeling the effects of the 8% ABV. I think I should have bottled this one...

Edit: BTW I'm all fvckered up, and my liver is screaming for mercy. Time to call it a night...

Let's start with the Obsidian from Deschutes. Good stout. Nice and deep flavor, mildly roasty and slightly sweet. A good balance. Once again...Deschutes comes through with a good beer

I like that one a lot.
I like it more than Black Butte, and Im a bigger porter fan than stout kinda guy.

Coffee coffee coffee.

I get to sit down with John Palmer next month. Trying to figure out if there's anything I should ask the guru.

You call that justified? You shoot when your life is in danger, not when your ***** ass might get bit by a dog. There's this little thing called "escalation of force" and the next step up from barking is not shooting. That cop should be convicted of animal cruelty and then be shot for nothing more than trying to protect his family. Fvcking cock bag! Anyway, sorry for going off topic, but that pissed me right the bless off.

I was celebrating a softball win/trying to numb the pain a little from the shoulder I hurt during said game, but not anymore.

No I'm not saying once so ever that it was justifiable for one how's this work shoot a cop dog it's murder = 15 year's but shoot yours or mine dog it's ok W.T.F. you said it right puss$ a$$ bi&ch. That said um having coffee.

I saw that dam video on the news a few days ago pissed me off to no end. The dog didn't like how the cops were handling HIS handler which is why he sort of lunged at the cop but I don't see that at in danger the dog wasn't even close to him I hope that cop burns in hell after getting shot five times.

Wow alright off the rant that vid has had my blood boiling since I saw it last week I think.

I was drinking this tonight:

Nice to see people feel the same way I do about the whole thing makes me sick

Water at work. oh buy the way all you home brewers there is no way to get over 13% abv without distilling my boss's son just told me so bwahahaha.

Yeah, I think at $10 for a 12oz pour it was cheaper than bottles per oz, but it was 3 in the afternoon, I was hammered, and I wanted to keep drinking. Why my wife (who really knows better) listened to my opinions on how to navigate the public transportation in a strange city at that point, I'm not sure.

Oh and I am finishing up DCHokie's all brett (WLP645 I'm assuming) Hobgoblin clone. It's a bit sour, tastes very similar to the beers I've done with 645 although less acidity. Oddly Flandersish, tasty beer.

Yep, WLP645 and if memory serves I may have pitched a little brux along the way. That one was a total experiment, sort of an oddball in terms of a style.

Back