What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Birthday beer run made me thirsty!

:mug:

Holy cow!! Happy Birthday man! Having my Belgian Wit about to mash in on my first saison.

ForumRunner_20130709_152104.jpg

This is a noob question but im ok with that. Is saison pronounced "sai-zon"?

I pronounce it "say-zon." As opposed to "sigh-zon."

Sai (say) son. Less z. Or at least that's how we pronounce it in French.

Here, listen. http://www.pronouncehow.com/english/saison_pronunciation

I've heard it different ways. say-son was how I'd prounced it. Then was told by one francophone that say-zon was correct. And then corrected by two other francophones agreeing the N should be silent, but disagreeing on the second s being hard or soft.

I hate French for that reason.

And drinking Diet Pepsi since I'm still on call until 5.

Water at the bar at the golf course, waiting for bill to show up so we can play 9 an drink that butternuts variety pack I picked up, figured I'd been ignoring them for long enough, what do you guys think of them? Pork slap pale ale, snapperhead ipa, moo thunder stout and the weissbier

I've heard it different ways. say-son was how I'd prounced it. Then was told by one francophone that say-zon was correct. And then corrected by two other francophones agreeing the N should be silent, but disagreeing on the second s being hard or soft.

I hate French for that reason.

And drinking Diet Pepsi since I'm still on call until 5.

I'm French, we can never agree on anything

My own Dipa brewed with conan. First time using a swamp cooler and 4th brew overall. Getting better but have to leave dry hops in longer next time. Tastes good.

May I ask how long you left the dry hops in for this time? Recent studies have suggested that the effect of dry hops peaks around 2-4 days, so you might consider dry hopping shorter if you went longer than that.

HB cascade willamette IPA with grape juice...

Kinda tastes like what I imagine an IPA/cava mix would taste like if you only used a tiny amount of cava... I kinda like it. The missus likes it more than me so that's what counts!

ForumRunner_20130709_210123.png

A coupla 24oz'rs of Honey Brown lager with the last of the vodka. got the fan on cause a/c broken. Beer is on ice with temps up to 90F. Had to do some runnin around today. since my wife had to go to the library,& the LHBS (JW Dover)isn't too much further,I went there first at her request.:rockin: They had plenty of mosaic,citra,simcoe & warrior. Got some warrior & mosaic for my next IPA. Gunna go back for the simcoe & citra,all from hop union.

mcbaumannerb said:
I'm not big on peach flavored anything, but that looks and sounds tasty!

It doesn't taste very peachy. White peaches don't have the same flavor as yellow. Some people would call them bland, I'd say delicate. The aroma is what makes white peaches great and it it really comes through in the beer.

I might blend some with the blackberry and possibly dry hop the rest with Nelson Sauvin.

Glass of ice water but after watching this video I'm going to need a beer all I can say is wow fooooking wow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back