What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ya he is a know it all I just want to punch him in the fooooking head oh did I mention he's not a brewer so to me it's even funnier :-D

Water at work. oh buy the way all you home brewers there is no way to get over 13% abv without distilling my boss's son just told me so bwahahaha.

A college plant biology teacher once told me you could not get over 13%. Not sure what the practical upper limit is. I read a book once that said with the correct yeast, right amount of sugar, right amount of water, and perfect fermentation it was theoretically possible to get 33.3% before the alcohol killed off all the yeast.

A college plant biology teacher once told me you could not get over 13%. Not sure what the practical upper limit is. I read a book once that said with the correct yeast, right amount of sugar, right amount of water, and perfect fermentation it was theoretically possible to get 33.3% before the alcohol killed off all the yeast.

Well Utopias have hit at least 27% so that's in the neighborhood. Nizzle - sounds like you should make a nice wager with the idiot :D

Well Utopias have hit at least 27% so that's in the neighborhood. Nizzle - sounds like you should make a nice wager with the idiot :D

I told him let's bet because my mead is at 17.5% right now and it's not done yet but he won't take the bet what a ***** he must not be to confident huh ;-P

I'm playing Mario kart at work, jealous?

Drinking a red bull. I feel like a college freshman again.

Untitled.jpg

No I'm not. :cross:

I got quite a few brews that can debunker that myth :tank:

Im drinking one of those humungo 99 cent Arnold Palmers. Its the zero one because no one needs that much sugar!!!

Got your PM - thanks, Nick.

Tried to reply but your inbox was full. :rockin:

Stopped in to my lhbs, signed up for the customer loyalty program, ought to have my discount card filled up in less than a week. I spend too much money there.

Drinking a touch of citra pale.

Stopped in to my lhbs, signed up for the customer loyalty program, ought to have my discount card filled up in less than a week. I spend too much money there.

Drinking a touch of citra pale.

Sometimes I just stop by my LHBS with beer because I haven't seen the owner in a while. With my schedule, I really need to let him know I could fill in once in a while for store credit....

Sometimes I just stop by my LHBS with beer because I haven't seen the owner in a while. With my schedule, I really need to let him know I could fill in once in a while for store credit....

Haha yeah I'm the same way, minus the willingness to fill in at the shop, I help customers when I'm there, but I'm usually drinking a beer and socializing anyway.

I got a text "haven't seen you in awhile, I've got some stuff for you to try, and we have a new loyalty program that you will be interested in, come spend some of that money of yours" he's also my local club president,

like I needed an excuse to spend more money there, I think my grain hops and yeast stores rival theirs.

Haha yeah I'm the same way, I got a text "haven't seen you in awhile, I've got some stuff for you to try, and we have a new loyalty program that you will be interested in, come spend some of that money of yours" he's also my local club president,

like I needed an excuse to spend more money there, I think my grain hops and yeast stores rival theirs.

I'm lucky enough to have a local maltster to buy my base grains from. :D Well, sort of local. I need to get down to Asheville and stock up. I've got enough pils for one batch of petite saison and that's it!

Drinking some dark hoppy saison after a 'The SchwartziswithyouBEEr' from Mark. Best of your homebrews I've tried so far.

Stopped raining so I guess I better haul trash. Take our trash and recycling to what's called a 'convenience center'. It's about 6 miles away, but not all that convenient. When I asked my wife's father about it, he told me they used to have to take trash to the dump which is closer to 20 miles away, hence the name.

I'm lucky enough to have a local maltster to buy my base grains from. :D Well, sort of local. I need to get down to Asheville and stock up. I've got enough pils for one batch of petite saison and that's it!

Drinking some dark hoppy saison after a 'The SchwartziswithyouBEEr' from Mark. Best of your homebrews I've tried so far.

Stopped raining so I guess I better haul trash. Take our trash and recycling to what's called a 'convenience center'. It's about 6 miles away, but not all that convenient. When I asked my wife's father about it, he told me they used to have to take trash to the dump which is closer to 20 miles away, hence the name.

I was quite happy with that one, thanks.

And another example of the fact that everything is relative :)

In Tampa for business and my flight is delayed two hours. Fortunately my gate is right across from Cigar City Brewpub at the airport. I guess there are worse places to have a flight delay.

So... I'm drinking a variety of CCB beers!

So jealous, you wouldn't be willing to trade one if you still have any/can get any would ya?

I have one left and I'm sorry to say, I cannot part with it. I absolutely love this beer. Not just because mango is my favorite fruit and IPAs are my favorite beer.

On second thought...

Remmy said:
I have one left and I'm sorry to say, I cannot part with it. I absolutely love this beer. Not just because mango is my favorite fruit and IPAs are my favorite beer.

On second thought...

Hahaha same here I've been planning a mango pale ale soon, I could probably part with some of those haha, can't blame you for not wanting to trade, I probably wouldn't either

It was released at the brewery only two weeks ago and sold out within a couple of hours. I had my in-laws pick up a case and now I'm kicking myself for not having them get two (which was the limit.)

Dammit! That is the news I didn't want to hear! I was going to dispatch my father in law down to the brewery and pick up a case. He is a health inspector for PA and travels down past there once a week...and it happens to be tomorrow.

Got 49 bottles out of my batch of Berlin Lemonweisse. Washing yeast now. Drank one of the last bottles of my light hybrid lager. Startin on a Maori IPA now. A little vodka to celebrate getting another sucessful bottling day in.

On second thought...
That beer was amazing. I drank both of mine back to back and now i wish i would have saved the other

Back