Trolls

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given the tongue in cheek way you started this thread, I'd say you are as anti-troll as you are anti-'possum! ;)

Now I am confused. She lets the possum send emails calling her dog a cat and she pardoned it. Say I think Bobbi likes trolls :pipe:

Hehe detective smiley

I hate to change the subject but my beer smells funny. Kind of like dead possum. Should I toss it?

Sheesh beer came out my nose reading that. Now my beer smells like boggers and my boggers smell like beer. Should I dump the beer and eat the boggers

Probably the beer is just playing opossum and the airlock will start bubbling any minute now. Just keep watching it to be sure.

Banana Bread.

Banana-Bread.jpg

There was an epic thread started by a guy who asked whether 5 gallon soda kegs could possibly be used to keg home brew. He was clueless not trolling. Anyways the mods destroyed that thread. The thread was super funny and I was bummed to lose the hysterical responses. Any one see it?

If you stare at an airlock for too long, you will go blind, at least in one eye. Happened to me and I never did find the airlock after it bounced off my forehead. Now I can't see out of my left eye but luckily I have extra airlocks.

I bottled my BMC clone in clear millers draught bottles. Do I need to expose them to light to get the genuine BMC flavour?

I just came up with a super space saving idea. I was bending my blow-off tube to stick in my jar of sanitizer and i thought to myself "Myself you have a whole bucket of sanitary fluid right there!" So I bent my blow-off tube right around and stuck the loose end right back into my fermenting beer and its bubbling away nicely. You can thank me later for such good advice.

well DUH - if the beer was dry-possumed, it's supposed to smell that way! just don't forget to filter out the dead possums before you bottle/keg.

I'm not sure I agree with this. As long as you started with fresh possums, not road kill, then it should not have an offensive odor. Now if you started with road kill that had been sitting in the sun and decaying for a while, then yes, it will have an odor. If you are going to dry-possum, you must start with fresh kill!!!

So tired of newbies saying "oh, my beer smells funny" then dig deeper and find out they started with week old road kill!!! Always use fresh ingredients!!! How many times does this have to be repeated?????

I personally find dry possuming kills my head retention, too greasy. Will have to try squirrel tea on the next batch.

I don't think squirrel will give you what your after.... i find gopher to have a much cleaner, more earthy flavor

Hey Im going to try this joke again. First time it got met with crickets. I was new then.

A jar of honey is walking down the street in a seedy part of town. A bag of 2-row approaches and says "hey Honey, want a date?" The honey is aghast! "Hey man, what do you think I am?? Some sort of braggot?!"

sweetcell said:
i don't get it. how do the crickets fit in?

If your crickets won't fit in your carboy, get some smaller ones. The bigger the cricket the gamier the flavor as well.

Back