Trade Homebrew Pictures!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what you will do in Maine! Cuz I live in MA! Its on the border of the ghetto so, these high end beers dont move much. I'll wait for them to go on discount

Haha whoops, I was thinking about the brewery pics in the drinking thread. :drunk: Are you sure I didnt send your trade box to Maine? ;)

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408332412.718799.jpg

Nice little Vermont trip

My wife picked a water park 20 minutes from weyerbacher, sooooo....grunts are 2x quad, 2x tarte neuveau and ales for als. Bottles are 12x imp. Pumpkin and 12x jesters tree.

Mm mm weyerbacher pumpkin. That's how you really gauge if summer is over, once that hits the shelf.

Haven't even had it yet. I'm at split rock till friday, and been drinking yuengling. Now I have some real beer for tonight. If the wife and kids let up on the activities for one night, i'll bury a few.

Haven't even had it yet. I'm at split rock till friday, and been drinking yuengling. Now I have some real beer for tonight. If the wife and kids let up on the activities for one night, i'll bury a few.

My parents have a place near split rock and I'm up there several times a year. Small world.

I'll be at Great Wolf Lodge in Bumble**** PA for black friday. Here's hoping the one distributor in a 40 minute radius gets BCBS and nobody else gets there before me lol

So I called TH and after talking to the guy there, I think it's my fault. I had the growlers in my trunk all day at work, then got them filled with cold beer, then back to room temp and I bet that was the issue. They're going to replace the glass and the beer anyway though :rockin:

But I sent out a third one today via fedex. I REALLY hope that one makes it bc there are aome other good beers traveling with it that would be a Shame to lose...

So I called TH and after talking to the guy there, I think it's my fault. I had the growlers in my trunk all day at work, then got them filled with cold beer, then back to room temp and I bet that was the issue. They're going to replace the glass and the beer anyway though :rockin:

But I sent out a third one today via fedex. I REALLY hope that one makes it bc there are aome other good beers traveling with it that would be a Shame to lose...

Well glad they are replacing it. I think the glass should of broke if the cold beer hits the hot glass. I wouldnt say it is your fault but no harm no foul

I have a hard time believing its the temperature that made it blow. Ive had beer that has gotten cold, warm, hot and cold again that has live yeast with no ill effects. Obviously not a growler, so that could be different. I dont think theyd replace it unless they knew it was their fault either. Either way, its sure a mystery. Heres to hoping the other one survives!

Glad it's not the fuzz since I've got some coming tomorrow. Please say a little something for the safe arrivals.

The box I sent out today left the pickup spot, went to the Philly hub and left the Philly hub, so it's prob ok.

Hopefully.

When were you there? I was there in the evening. I know we met before but I don't recall...

Someone did come in and fill up a bunch of growlers right next to me.

My half of the IP trade with Bill - his saison, two bretted saisons and the huna clone:
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408622837.388862.jpg

Thanks! And in looking at the pic of the burst growler, it looks like the sides failed? The ones I've had break (all the 1L flip-tops) lost the bottom where they are designed to fail (instead of exploding). That could be related to the thermal swings, but I would have expected it as it was being filled, not after the beer warmed up. At least they are making good on it!

My half of the IP trade with Bill - his saison, two bretted saisons and the huna clone:
View attachment 219099

Thanks! And in looking at the pic of the burst growler, it looks like the sides failed? The ones I've had break (all the 1L flip-tops) lost the bottom where they are designed to fail (instead of exploding). That could be related to the thermal swings, but I would have expected it as it was being filled, not after the beer warmed up. At least they are making good on it!

I had those same two thoughts. I'm going back this weekend and I'll tell them the same. I worried about the temp of the growlers before I got them filled and kept them in the front seat in the ac for the hour it took me to get there (I was worried about the beer foaming when getting filled, not the glass breaking).

Also, the other two growlers I had filled (aloha 'ra and hophands) went through the same temp issues and are fine...

Oh well, they are good folks there, I just hope no one else has this issue. Luckily the growler was already wrapped in bubble wrap, exploding glass can be dangerous.

Back