Trade Homebrew Pictures!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet! Thanks Toby box was way bigger them expected! ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407983248.241269.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1407983345.376029.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1407983398.986882.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

So where the hell is that huge list? :cross:

I just got back from there and I was a little underwhelmed with everything except Lagunitas, Russian River, and The Rare Barrel (none of which are in San Fran). However, the Mikkeller Bar SF anniversary party was legit. Tried Fou Foune and a 1998 Drie Fonteinen Oude Gueze.

Dang, i need to consider doing that. The blueberry sour i had on tap there was fantastic but not released to the general public.

How does one apply or whatever is needed to join for 2015? Their website is so out of date its not funny. Also, whats the cost of being a member?

You got some purple stuff on your lens!

Glad it all arrived safely. I got your end of the deal too, I just haven't taken a picture yet. Can't wait to tear into the DeGarde beers! Thank you so much!

Yeah, I need a new phone but I want to wait until the new iphone and nexus are released before I do that.

How does one apply or whatever is needed to join for 2015? Their website is so out of date its not funny. Also, whats the cost of being a member?

I believe it is now done by lottery when memberships become available in October or November. Cost for 2014 went up quite a bit. I think it was $375 or so this year.

I believe it is now done by lottery when memberships become available in October or November. Cost for 2014 went up quite a bit. I think it was $375 or so this year.

Does that include the cost of beer or do you still have to purchase what you want when its released? How does one get in on this lottery?

It is around $375, I don't quite remember. You get 2 375 ml bottles of each of the 10 CR releases throughout the year included in your $375. So it is expensive to join, but this year we got a long sleeve thermal shirt, a 40 ounce metal powder coated growler, and 2 pieces of glassware also included. After returning members sign up they have a lottery you can sign up for online and then they draw however many winners, I was lucky and won last year.
You also get the opportunity to buy extra allotments of the beer at $12.75 per bottle throughout the year as released, so far the limits you could buy of extra for the 7 that have been released were: 2, 15, 15, 20, 10, 10, 8. I have pretty much maxed out but some went to trustees, plenty have gone out as extras and a few as trades. Drinking a bunch and aging a few. Worth the money IMO, the beer is top notch.
If it was blueberry petite sour you had I think that is one being released in this saturday's allocations.

It is around $375, I don't quite remember. You get 2 375 ml bottles of each of the 10 CR releases throughout the year included in your $375. So it is expensive to join, but this year we got a long sleeve thermal shirt, a 40 ounce metal powder coated growler, and 2 pieces of glassware also included. After returning members sign up they have a lottery you can sign up for online and then they draw however many winners, I was lucky and won last year.
You also get the opportunity to buy extra allotments of the beer at $12.75 per bottle throughout the year as released, so far the limits you could buy of extra for the 7 that have been released were: 2, 15, 15, 20, 10, 10, 8. I have pretty much maxed out but some went to trustees, plenty have gone out as extras and a few as trades. Drinking a bunch and aging a few. Worth the money IMO, the beer is top notch.
If it was blueberry petite sour you had I think that is one being released in this saturday's allocations.

thanks for the info! It was a blueberry sour but I think it was called blabaer of love.

I just got back from there and I was a little underwhelmed with everything except Lagunitas, Russian River, and The Rare Barrel (none of which are in San Fran). However, the Mikkeller Bar SF anniversary party was legit. Tried Fou Foune and a 1998 Drie Fonteinen Oude Gueze.

Nice! I was at Mikkeller that night too. Missed the fou foune unfortunately. Sounds like you made your way to the sour room for that 1998. Which breweries were underwhelming in the city? there are a good amount of solid, but nothing special breweries IMHO.

Nice! I was at Mikkeller that night too. Missed the fou foune unfortunately. Sounds like you made your way to the sour room for that 1998. Which breweries were underwhelming in the city? there are a good amount of solid, but nothing special breweries IMHO.

When I say that it's totally from my beer snob side. That and the over abundance of great beer, taprooms, and bottle shops of the Portland area. None of them made bad beer by any means, I just want to be wowed and I rarely am. I would say Cellarmaker is the best brewery in the city and Speakeasy has the coolest taproom.

Found this at a random liquor store last night...score!

Not sure how this lasted so long on the shelf in Chicagoland, but ill take it.

1408275786926.jpg

Found this at a random liquor store last night...score!

Not sure how this lasted so long on the shelf in Chicagoland, but ill take it.

Hate that all we find at liquor stores in Philly is liqour. I'd love to find even a high mark up four pack again.

Hate that all we find at liquor stores in Philly is liqour. I'd love to find even a high mark up four pack again.

Or a normal priced beer once? Say....a $20 4 pack of BCBS instead of $10 singles. Philly bottle shop prices are f'd

In my experience, buying bottles at a bar are cheaper than a store to take home.

Or a normal priced beer once? Say....a $20 4 pack of BCBS instead of $10 singles. Philly bottle shop prices are f'd

In my experience, buying bottles at a bar are cheaper than a store to take home.

Lol you aren't kidding man. 10 bucks was the average. Even the places selling four packs it was closer to around 33.00 each.

Is that hard to find? I think i have some at my local packie not sure on the price, but it doesn't seem to be moving... I'll have to check

Yup My memory was right, I just popped in there since its like 20 feet from my house:
Counted about 5 - 4 packs at 21.99
20140817_144925.jpg

Damn, BCBS and Spencer Trappist right next to each other. I need to move to Maine :D

I don't know what you will do in Maine! Cuz I live in MA! Its on the border of the ghetto so, these high end beers dont move much. I'll wait for them to go on discount

Back