Trade Homebrew Pictures!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finsfan said:
anything you want besides some tallgrass?

We can PM the details, but basically 'Anything you consider good that can't be bought in Colorado'. Mid-December works for me. I'm heading to crooked stave this weekend, so I'll grab at least one of everything they have available.

We can PM the details, but basically 'Anything you consider good that can't be bought in Colorado'. Mid-December works for me. I'm heading to crooked stave this weekend, so I'll grab at least one of everything they have available.

Sound good! Thatll be hard consider what colorado puts out but ill start doing my homework haha

Attachments

• 559680_2516453407607_75701587_n.jpg
    559680_2516453407607_75701587_n.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 131
Bryan hooked it up big time! Thank you so much! Can't wait to try Jack's Abby for the first time!

An awesome trade with finsfan! Tallgrass is so close, yet still unavailable here in OKC! He hooked me up! Thanks Ryan!!

You are saying you can't find tallgrass beers in Oklahoma City? I don't live there but see Tallgrass on the shelf everytime I go to visit.

Indytruks138 said:
You are saying you can't find tallgrass beers in Oklahoma City? I don't live there but see Tallgrass on the shelf everytime I go to visit.

Well then it depends on what shelf you're looking on then. All I've found is Velvet Rooster. That's an awesome beer as well! Mind you, I'm only out her on business, so I don't know the good places to look that also has decent prices. I've been hitting up the Wine Gallery on South Western Ave. The owner's cool, has decent prices, and a decent selection. Suggestions on elsewhere I can look?

I always have to ask friends when I'm up there, I would post on beer advocate and they will tell you the good shops to hit. I've found most tallgrass stuff the two places I usually go, I really don't remember their names though.

Indytruks138 said:
I always have to ask friends when I'm up there, I would post on beer advocate and they will tell you the good shops to hit. I've found most tallgrass stuff the two places I usually go, I really don't remember their names though.

Ah. I'm not active at all on Beer Advocate. I think I'd rather pluck my eyeball out with a pencil. Either way, Ryan hooked up a brotha in need. This way someone in KS gets to sample some PA homer beer!

Ah. I'm not active at all on Beer Advocate. I think I'd rather pluck my eyeball out with a pencil. Either way, Ryan hooked up a brotha in need. This way someone in KS gets to sample some PA homer beer!

Homer for Homer is what the world needs more of :mug: plus you would not have been able to find zombie monkie, schits sold out everywhere!

Thanks to scrappy dingo for making my Surly dreams come true!

This x7 and a big Axe dipa as an extra.

ForumRunner_20131121_212934.jpg

Thanks again brother!

Also, make sure you age a few of those for next year. It will be good to compare them with the 2014 shipment that I send

Lol so far sounds like a bunch of guys hoping for whale sours! Good luck though!!

If people expect whalez out of a locally produced sour swap they are doing it wrong. I would just want tasty out of state sours, actually that's all I ever want, that and tasty local sours haha.

mikeysab said:
That's a bizarre statement. What in that thread brought you to that conclusion? It looks like a bunch of guys joining a swap. Plus, you said you were gonna join the next one.

GA has no sours, guess I will sit out and just trade.

mikeysab said:
That's a bizarre statement. What in that thread brought you to that conclusion? It looks like a bunch of guys joining a swap. Plus, you said you were gonna join the next one.

This. There are a lot of good sours that are not whales. Nothing wrong with a sour category swap.

blizzard said:
This. There are a lot of good sours that are not whales. Nothing wrong with a sour category swap.

True....but quality sours are limited to a few breweries and ate hard to get for the most part. No offense Montana folk, but I don't want your BIg Sky Kriek. Don't need any more of Terrapins Flanders either....

skeezerpleezer said:
True....but quality sours are limited to a few breweries and ate hard to get for the most part. No offense Montana folk, but I don't want your BIg Sky Kriek. Don't need any more of Terrapins Flanders either....

I would argue there are more than a few. Sure, you have to live in the right spot, but I suppose assuming people don't send crap beer is a risk you take with any swap. I think there is room for an expectation between only getting crap and expecting to get whales.

I highly doubt anybody expects to get any type of whale from a swap o rama, sour round or not. In the current round, someone sent a westy 12, but thats the only whale i've seen in any of the rounds. Its a swap thats meant to send your recipient local beers that they cant get.

The sour swap thread was a bunch of guys saying "I'm in" or "Sitting out....sour access sucks". I was just wondering why nick thought everybody was hoping to collect a box of whales. It's really the opposite. Just trying to try beers that we don't normally have access to.

mikeysab said:
I highly doubt anybody expects to get any type of whale from a swap o rama, sour round or not. In the current round, someone sent a westy 12, but thats the only whale i've seen in any of the rounds. Its a swap thats meant to send your recipient local beers that they cant get. The sour swap thread was a bunch of guys saying "I'm in" or "Sitting out....sour access sucks". I was just wondering why nick thought everybody was hoping to collect a box of whales. It's really the opposite. Just trying to try beers that we don't normally have access to.
Wasn't trying to ruffle anyone's feathers. I should have probably worded it differently and not used the word whales. I was just bothered by how people are already hoping to draw certain peoples name just because they have access to name brands I guess you could say!

No feathers ruffled. I was just curious and figured it was that statement you were referring to. It"s always a hope in the swap o rama threads that you draw a guy that lives next door to RR or HF. But with no way to control it, its just wishful thinking.

A sour round is a great idea. Wish I could get in on it but my sour access is less than stellar.

I hope it does well.

I always hope I get a specific guy in the swap o rama, and I organize it haha. Really wanted to get paired with the Minnesota guy in round 3. No such luck.

Dont forget though, they are including stuff like jolly pumpkin and other wild ale styles. Those are pretty easy to get by a good amount of people.

Back