Trade Homebrew Pictures!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to send someone one of my blond pale ale bottles so they could tell me why is has a harsh after taste.

I had the same fears, more is better to be safe. I used the 36' bubble wrap from HD on about 6 bottles, triple layered the walls of the box and wrapped each bottle one good time with a layer in between each bottle

I was wondering about the Beer Camp, figured if I saw it I would pick it up, but haven't seen it anywhere. Saw a lot of people commenting about it saying that a lot of the beers were 3 out of 5's and nothing special. And a bunch of people complaining about bottling dates, like I think the FFF collab pale ale was bottled in May, and their hop beers don't usually hold up long at all.

Probably would still pick it up if I saw it.

Damn I didnt know that. I had heard it wasnt anything fantastic, but still figured I could try stuff that wont ever come out again. $25 for a 12er is a bit steep though.

I was wondering about the Beer Camp, figured if I saw it I would pick it up, but haven't seen it anywhere. Saw a lot of people commenting about it saying that a lot of the beers were 3 out of 5's and nothing special. And a bunch of people complaining about bottling dates, like I think the FFF collab pale ale was bottled in May, and their hop beers don't usually hold up long at all.

Probably would still pick it up if I saw it.

Ill sell you the remaining 8 of mine lol. This beer camp box blows. The most recent packaging date on any bottle is june 3. Most around may 22 though. The worst, the ballast point bottle was skunked!

I seriously regret buying this and would tell anyone else not to waste their money. Sierra Nevada dropped the ball on this. It was a great idea, but failed in my mind. Ill likely be emailing Sierra Nevada to express my displeasure.

End rant lol

Ill sell you the remaining 8 of mine lol. This beer camp box blows. The most recent packaging date on any bottle is june 3. Most around may 22 though. The worst, the ballast point bottle was skunked!

I seriously regret buying this and would tell anyone else not to waste their money. Sierra Nevada dropped the ball on this. It was a great idea, but failed in my mind. Ill likely be emailing Sierra Nevada to express my displeasure.

End rant lol
Well in that case...

<strike>Probably would still pick it up if I saw it.</strike>

If i saw one i might have bought one but not now if most of the beers are several months old plus i'll probably will not find one too. Anywho, Got pleanty of beer to drink and getting a 23lb bomb tomorrow

edit: it just arrived here. Not going to hunt for it. Spent too much yesterday

ladies and gentlemen, i submit to you my candidate for Trade Of The Year (from right to left)

- de Struise Black Mes (Damnation Three)
- Westvleteren 12 x4
- de Struise Black Albert
- Dolle Brouwers Oerbier Special Reserva 2012
- de Struise Pannepeut

...all in exchange for two Stone RuinTen ($9.99 each at Whole Foods).

just got back from belgium. someone local to Westvleteren and de Struise really, really wanted those Stones. he was entirely happy with the trade. you can imagine how i felt about it.

BE-trade.jpg

ladies and gentlemen, i submit to you my candidate for Trade Of The Year (from right to left)

- Westvleteren 12 x4
- Pannepeut

just got back from belgium. someone local to Westvleteren and de Struise really, really wanted those Stones. he was entirely happy with the trade. you can imagine how i felt about it.

nice. To them they are shelf turds. Stone is our shelf turd. Need to get my hands on the reserva

DisturbdChemist - i was of course making a joke :mug: you're partially right: the westie and de struise are less valuable to my trading partner (because he was local to these breweries) than they are to me. however, these beers don't linger on shelves, unsold and unloved...

MrNick: you can now find Westie in every decent bottle shop in Belgium (at least every one that i hit up, which was a decent amount in Bruges and Brussels). however, they have all standardized on the price of 12 EUR (currently about $16.50) a bottle. i love westvleteren 12 as much as the next beer dork, but personally i wouldn't want to blow my entire beer budget on these 11.3 oz bottles. that's why i was so happy i was able to trade for them!

- Westvleteren 12 x4
- de Struise Pannepeut

Now I just need to get you to trade me some of the Westvleteren 12.

DisturbdChemist - i was of course making a joke :mug: you're partially right: the westie and de struise are less valuable to my trading partner (because he was local to these breweries) than they are to me. however, these beers don't linger on shelves, unsold and unloved...

MrNick: you can now find Westie in every decent bottle shop in Belgium (at least every one that i hit up, which was a decent amount in Bruges and Brussels). however, they have all standardized on the price of 12 EUR (currently about $16.50) a bottle. i love westvleteren 12 as much as the next beer dork, but personally i wouldn't want to blow my entire beer budget on these 11.3 oz bottles. that's why i was so happy i was able to trade for them!

I went there a few years ago. I couldn't get a reservation to buy westy, but was able to pick up a 12-pack worth of mixed bottles (6, 8, and 12) for about $5 USD per bottle. I also stopped at a distribution warehouse near de struise and got pannepot reserva, grand reserva, and others for about $3 USD each.

So, not exactly what you got, but I suspect that if your friend lives in the area, he knows his way around and didn't overpay by as much as he could have. That is certainly an awesome trade, and if everyone is happy with what they got, that is what matters.

now $5/bottle for westie is way more reasonable.

if you can get a reservation at the abbey they come out to under $3 each. my friend gets them directly from the source, so his costs explain why he was willing to part with those beers.

Well Finsfan...I made a liar out of myself today. I stopped in a shop I never go to because I heard a rumor they still had LC 3. They didn't, but I found a 4pk of Long Strange Triple.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405462768.304450.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Well Finsfan...I made a liar out of myself today. I stopped in a shop I never go to because I heard a rumor they still had LC 3. They didn't, but I found a 4pk of Long Strange Triple.
View attachment 211308

Hell yeah! I will hopefully be making that clone this weekend if my newest fermentor gets here in time.

Hell yeah! I will hopefully be making that clone this weekend if my newest fermentor gets here in time.

Can't wait to see how that turns out. I'd like to attempt that recipe as well.

just got back from belgium.
here a pic of what i dragged back with me. this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity: kiddos didn't use their baggage allowance, so i had one suitcase that was dedicated to beer and only beer. it arrived in belgium empty (save for bubble wrap), left filled with:
- Westvleteren 12
- de Struise Black Mes
- Cantillon Cuvee Saint-Gilloise (AKA Cuvee des Champions)
- Cantillon Iris
- Rodenbach Caractere Rouge

- Boon Oude Kriek Mariage Parfait
- Boon Oude Gueuze Mariage Parfait
- Drie Fonteinen Golden Doesjel
- Tuverbol 2012 (Drie Fonteinen collab)
- de Struise Pannepot Grand Reserva 2009

P1030819-BEhaul.JPG

Mark did it again. Next time you ship first so you dont make me look like a fool! ;)

This trade started as Love Child for Riserva. It got a little out of hand and Mark went way above and beyond, nothing new there though. I cannot thank you enough, my fridge is stocked now! And the BEEr nonic glass is awesome. Cant wait to drive into all of these, especially the home brews that I know have #properglassware for :D

Edit: Also, I am boggled as to how you sent me more bottles, in the same packaging, and it weighed less? I swear that box was almost 40 pounds!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405541509.001152.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405541521.175686.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405541530.058376.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405541541.047109.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405541558.248544.jpg

Mark did it again. Next time you ship first so you dont make me look like a fool! ;)

This trade started as Love Child for Riserva. It got a little out of hand and Mark went way above and beyond, nothing new there though. I cannot thank you enough, my fridge is stocked now! And the BEEr nonic glass is awesome. Cant wait to drive into all of these, especially the home brews that I know have #properglassware for :D

That's CRAZY! :D

Edit: Also, I am boggled as to how you sent me more bottles, in the same packaging, and it weighed less? I swear that box was almost 40 pounds!

"Much to learn, you still have." <(-_-)>

Glad they got there safe and sound! Drink the Scratch IPAs first since those are the oldest. I'd sit on the Tango too - I had one about 4 months ago and it could definitely use some age. And the BEEr nonic had to go since I ran out of room in my glassware cabinet after the bMAW/BIF package last week!

You have glassware now Mark? Nice!

I do! ;)

"Much to learn, you still have." <(-_-)>

Glad they got there safe and sound! Drink the Scratch IPAs first since those are the oldest. I'd sit on the Tango too - I had one about 4 months ago and it could definitely use some age. And the BEEr nonic had to go since I ran out of room in my glassware cabinet after the bMAW/BIF package last week!

I do! ;)

Haha thanks for the heads up on the IPA's. I did have that tango in the cellar already and look forward to that one a lot. I feel honored to have gotten the BEEr glass. thanks again!

I got an awesome package from mhurst111 today. All Colorado beers that I haven't tried. I'm really excited to get into these this weekend. Thanks Mike!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405639502.995988.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1405639510.789998.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1405639521.775265.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1405639530.524004.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1405639541.707722.jpg

Nice little IP trade with Wes. Sorry for the rush. One question I forgot to ask, how'd you get then to let you on the plane with all of those in your carry-on? ;)

Southern Star Red Cockaded Ale
Southern Star Buried Hatchet Stout
Real Ale White
SanTan Mr. Pineapple
No Label Mint IPA
St. Arnold Icon Texas Common Beer
Prairie Wine Barrel Noir
St. Arnold Divine Reserve 14
St. Arnold 20th Anniversary Barleywine

Thanks again, nice meeting you!

1405641102421.jpg

I got an awesome package from mhurst111 today. All Colorado beers that I haven't tried. I'm really excited to get into these this weekend. Thanks Mike!
View attachment 211740View attachment 211741View attachment 211742View attachment 211743View attachment 211744

Enjoy. Glad they all made it. Might want to hold on to the Uncle Jacob for a few more months, it had a pretty strong alcohol flavor last time I tried one, although I haven't had one in 2 months or so.

Enjoy. Glad they all made it. Might want to hold on to the Uncle Jacob for a few more months, it had a pretty strong alcohol flavor last time I tried one, although I haven't had one in 2 months or so.

I was gonna ask you if I should hold on to it for awhile or drink know. I'll put it in the back and hope I can forget it's there :)

Nice little IP trade with Wes. Sorry for the rush. One question I forgot to ask, how'd you get then to let you on the plane with all of those in your carry-on? ;)

Southern Star Red Cockaded Ale
Southern Star Buried Hatchet Stout
Real Ale White
SanTan Mr. Pineapple
No Label Mint IPA
St. Arnold Icon Texas Common Beer
Prairie Wine Barrel Noir
St. Arnold Divine Reserve 14
St. Arnold 20th Anniversary Barleywine

Thanks again, nice meeting you!

The TSA made an exception just for me. :p
Nice meeting you too man! Enjoy the brews.

The stuff coming out of revolution is just amazing. And eventually, one if these days I'm going to breakdown and buy a speedway stout.

Now for the other half of the ip trade with Absoluthamm. View attachment 211802
Thanks again! I'm looking forward to cracking into those IPAs when I get back to TX.

You won't be disappointed. And I think of everything you got, the Foux du Fafa will surprise you the most. I really love that beer. Also, I just realized, in your iTrader feedback I wrote a message like it would be a regular PM, in case you didn't completely check the whole feedback.

The stuff coming out of revolution is just amazing. And eventually, one if these days I'm going to breakdown and buy a speedway stout.
Absolutely, their variations of Hero blow me away every time, just wish they would have a constant flow of each so I could do some side by sides, but they come out >month apart, and I can't allow myself to keep an IPA around that long.

Back