Trade Homebrew Pictures!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After working all day knowing i had a package coming, i came home to an odd sight. A squirrel with a HUGE piece of food in its mouth. Then I get to my stoop and realize what the food was. A PEANUT BUTTER TASTYKAKE. little bastards tore my box open and stole my kakes. They managed to get two packs. Thanks Beermeduffman for the awesome package. Looking forward to getting in there.

This is hilarious, but I would have been pissed if it happened to me. I lived in a house where squirrels would break in and raid the cabinets (oh, college). Little jerks.

Thanks a bunch Jwerner23! Great eMaw. Surly!

1401925711657.jpg

1401925728267.jpg

1401925739253.jpg

A little mid-week trade with Initybrew. Thanks again man!

Tired Hands / Half Acre collaboration - American Youth (pale ale)
Tired Hands / Half Acre collaboration - Geodesic (saison)
Terrapin - High 5
Prairie - Coffee Noir
2x home brew
Tired Hands glassware

IMG_20140604_184533.jpg

That little bugger! At least the coffee cakes made it OK. And that absinth is just stellar. All organic and distiller grown wormwood. It'll get you wrecked really nice and has a better licorice flavor than sambuka

Never had absinthe before but a friend of mine loves it. Maybe i'll share. Thanks for that bottle. Looking forward to it. I'll sip some while watching the Rangers destroy the kings tonight.

Well Abby does it again, destroying my porch with tasty beer and METAL as bless t-shirts! The trade was for the Avery and the TRVE beer & shirt, rest were awesome extras! Thank you Blizzard, I already saw yesterday TRVE put out another sour...going to have to start grabbing more beers down here for you hahaha.

WP_20140604_003.jpg

WP_20140604_004.jpg

Oh it definitely could be, but it could be interesting to delve into some craft spirits. I mean, who wouldn't want to try something like this?
http://www.artintheage.com/our-spirits/root/

I love that stuff. Only have a little left in my second bottle. I drink spirits slowly though, a bottle typically lasts me years.

And FWIW, you already sent me craft spirits in the swap-o-rama last year. :mug:

There are definitly local craft spirits that would be worth some trading. In the Chicago area, we have FEW, North Shore and Koval that come to mind immediately. Mad Hatter has their "Hopquila", i wasn't too crazy about it, but it's interesting. I was just reading about a Gin made somewhere on the east coast that i'd really like to try, but can't get around here. I also have a vodka from a Michigan winemaker/distiller that is made from grapes instead of grain or potato.

Well Abby does it again, destroying my porch with tasty beer and METAL as bless t-shirts! The trade was for the Avery and the TRVE beer & shirt, rest were awesome extras! Thank you Blizzard, I already saw yesterday TRVE put out another sour...going to have to start grabbing more beers down here for you hahaha.

Enjoy! I wish I could have included some birthday wrapping like NuclearRich did. He set a high bar.

I was in a saison mood at the liquor store and came across a BOMB (or two). Could be cause I'm brewing my rye saison this weekend.

1401992690626.jpg

The store by me got 25-30 cases of Sucre, it's not going anywhere fast, I'm waiting for some real reviews besides the initial ones on BA.

Got a trade in today from ISO:FT on FB, one of the worst packing jobs I've seen. Most bottles just barely wrapped in 1 layer of small-bubble bubblewrap with rubberbands around them. No real insulation between bottles and the outside of the box. 3 bottles were in a ziplock bag wrapped tightly(not even crinkled) with just newspaper... I can't believe only one bottle broke(an extra), thank God it wasn't the Nocturn or the Encendia. Even the pint glasses were just wrapped once with a paper towel, lol. I still can't believe the FedEx guy brought it in and delivered it, half the box was soaked and reeked of beer.

2014-06-05 13.43.03.jpg

2014-06-05 14.01.37.jpg

The store by me got 25-30 cases of Sucre, it's not going anywhere fast, I'm waiting for some real reviews besides the initial ones on BA.

Got a trade in today from ISO:FT on FB, one of the worst packing jobs I've seen. Most bottles just barely wrapped in 1 layer of small-bubble bubblewrap with rubberbands around them. No real insulation between bottles and the outside of the box. 3 bottles were in a ziplock bag wrapped tightly(not even crinkled) with just newspaper... I can't believe only one bottle broke(an extra), thank God it wasn't the Nocturn or the Encendia. Even the pint glasses were just wrapped once with a paper towel, lol. I still can't believe the FedEx guy brought it in and delivered it, half the box was soaked and reeked of beer.

Wow, im surprised those bigger bottles actually made the trip.

Wow, im surprised those bigger bottles actually made the trip.

I can't believe it either, the only thing that saved them I think is that they were at the top of the box...

I feel bad giving the guy ****, but I think he's a newer trader, so he needs to learn. I just need to give him some friendly pointers. He thought he did a great job packing too, here were his messages a couple days ago before the package showed:
hope the package gets to you safe, I wrapped everything tight and bubble wrapped lol don't laugh hahaha
I see you opening it like wtf? ? How am I suppose to get to the beer?? lol!

That was before he got my package. He must have been blown away by my packing, lol.

I can't believe it either, the only thing that saved them I think is that they were at the top of the box...

I feel bad giving the guy ****, but I think he's a newer trader, so he needs to learn. I just need to give him some friendly pointers. He thought he did a great job packing too, here were his messages a couple days ago before the package showed:

That was before he got my package. He must have been blown away by my packing, lol.

Hilarious.

Jealous! Still waiting on them to make it here. The distributor here is a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

So is ours. Even if a new Boulevard beer comes out like this one, they wont distribute it until all the old stock is moved. Thats Anheuser Busch for you. WE still havent gotten Big Foot 2014 and may not get it at all.

Skipped right over Chicago as of right now. I've seen people in NJ getting it already, but my buddy at the bottle shop told me he's been hearing the end of the month...

How much was it this year for yours?

They were $19 a piece which isnt bad. The place I got it is normally just a tad more expensive but I have gotten to know the owner, who is a home brewer as well, and he is always willing to hold bottles for me so I dont mind paying a tiny bit higher price. In december I bought a #3 for $17.50 which is the cheapest Ive seen around here.

Back