Tots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Love the tot!

• Yes

• Hell Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would love tots more if they were able to dice up onions in the same shape as the potato squares and then combine them into the tot shape.

0013120000190_CF_version_type_large.jpeg

Going to a friends house for dinner sunday. She's making her famous tot casserole. I'll have to take a pic. It's sofa king delicious!

The wife was just telling me she had tots wrapped in bacon at some restaurant in Atlanta while on a business trip. She said they were to die for, and she isn't a tot fan .

I know! Let's cut up potatoes into really really small pieces, and then use Elmer's school glue to glom them back into a bigger piece!

You know, you could just make fries instead.

I didn't make it to friends house today but made my own tot casserole at home. Forgot pics cause I was too busy stuffing my face.
large baking dish
layer of tots
layer of shredded beef
layer of cheddar
layer of a mixture of sourcream, Pablano chilis and green onions
layer of tots
layer of cheddar
Bake at 425 for 30min
{buuurrrpp}

I just told Mrs Baggins about this thread and that there are some tot haters.

She looked incredulous and said "who doesn't like tots? Freaks!"

I laughed. :D

This should be fun... My wife and I do not allow ketchup in our house. I personally think it is the most revolting condiment known to man. It has earned the title of "satans sauce" in our house.

Is there no end to the wrong headedness in this thread? We've two types of ketchup in this house. Regular and Whataburger spicy. It's literally black label ketchup.

I suppose there are those among you who don't like BBQ sauce, either?

Is there no end to the wrong headedness in this thread? We've two types of ketchup in this house. Regular and Whataburger spicy. It's literally black label ketchup.

I suppose there are those among you who don't like BBQ sauce, either?

Well thats rude! hahaha. See, BBQ is another story. I think I have 5 different BBQ sauces at home right now

This should be fun... My wife and I do not allow ketchup in our house. I personally think it is the most revolting condiment known to man. It has earned the title of "satans sauce" in our house.

No, the most revolting condiment goes to Mayo.

Poor Man's Poutine - Tater Tots, brown gravy from a packet, and cheap Mozzeralla cheese.

This sounds like a winner! I'm going to try this.

Once you've had Poutine up North, you spend the rest of your life trying to find somewhere that sells it in the US that doesn't taste like ass. I don't know what they do in Quebec, but it's delicious.

Grog’s Rules for Food #4 – Ketchup is for potatoes, except for mashed or baked

BBQ sauce may contain ketchup, but it's an exception. it can go on ribs (Kansas City style) or pulled pork (Carolina style), but not brisket (Texas style) or chicken (Memphis style). we've been over this

the thought of putting anything with ketchup on chicken is just revolting. if you need a dip for fingers or nuggets, go with Ranch dressing

which is also a pretty tasty dip for fries. also malt vinegar

Teriyaki sauce or mustard on chicken strips. BBQ sauce, not ketchup, for dipping tots or fries.

And +1 for poutine--the real Quebecois type, not the shiatty excuse for it they sell at fairs in the US.

Ketchup: Minnesota hot sauce.

Tater Tots are good when they're hot. But damn, seems like after about 3 or 4 they go from hot to cold way to fast... Same with French fries.

Not even as a dipping sauce or on ribs? Pulled Pork?

Again, good BBQ doesn't need sauce. Now, much like good steak doesn't need steak sauce, sometimes you might be in the mood for a peppercorn sauce or a nice red wine reduction. BBQ sauce can be used to accentuate a dish. But too often it's slathered on to cover for dry meat.

Again, good BBQ doesn't need sauce. Now, much like good steak doesn't need steak sauce, sometimes you might be in the mood for a peppercorn sauce or a nice red wine reduction. BBQ sauce can be used to accentuate a dish. But too often it's slathered on to cover for dry meat.

This.

Give me good dry-rubbed ribs any time.

BOOOOOOOO! BBQ all the way!!

I do agree about the steak sauce though. That stuff only comes out if on of my buddies is doing the BBQing/burning :D

I made some tots last night, and mixed some ketchup, sirirharahcha and bbq sauce together. Smokey spicy ketchup is prettaaay prettayyy... pretty good.

Back