Torpedo Keg - 2.5 Gal Stacked Height

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithchar526

Reaction score
I was given an old mini fridge. The goal is to fit 2 of the 2.5g torpedo kegs in there. I can relocate the gas to outside but I dont think its going to help me.

The fridge it 29" tall, 17" wide. From the website it says the kegs are 14.75" tall and 9.1 wide.

Width is out of the question so that leaves stacking them. So total height for the kegs is 29.5" but I would think when you stack them a little of the total stacked height could be a little less since some of the bottom of the keg on top would be recessed in the top of the bottom keg.

Any one have 2 of these can tell me the stacked height? I may just have to buy the 2nd one and see, and if it doesnt put it in my garage fridge until I can figure something else out.

I have the slimline versions which are 1 inch taller. Individually they are 15.75", stacked they measure 30.5". So thats a 1 inch saving from stacking. *IF* the you get the same saving with the standard torpedo kegs you will just make it.

I have the slimline versions which are 1 inch taller. Individually they are 15.75", stacked they measure 30.5". So thats a 1 inch saving from stacking. *IF* the you get the same saving with the standard torpedo kegs you will just make it.

Perfect. Thank you. Guess I’ll just go for it and if it doesn’t work I have an excuse to build a bigger one I want anyways.

I was given an old mini fridge. The goal is to fit 2 of the 2.5g torpedo kegs in there. I can relocate the gas to outside but I dont think its going to help me.

The fridge it 29" tall, 17" wide. From the website it says the kegs are 14.75" tall and 9.1 wide.

Width is out of the question so that leaves stacking them. So total height for the kegs is 29.5" but I would think when you stack them a little of the total stacked height could be a little less since some of the bottom of the keg on top would be recessed in the top of the bottom keg.

Any one have 2 of these can tell me the stacked height? I may just have to buy the 2nd one and see, and if it doesnt put it in my garage fridge until I can figure something else out.
Did you find a good deal on your torpedo kegs? I want to buy a few for my 1950's kegerator

Back