Sewer Pipe to Hold CO2 Tank at Proper Height

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint Yeastwood

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I think this might be very helpful to anyone trying to jam tanks into a small keezer.

My keezer has enough room for 5 kegs and two tanks, but one tank has to be situated so the gauges are above the kegs. The regulator and gauges stick out so far, the tank takes up as much room as a big keg.

I went to Lowe's and got a 2-foot piece of sewer pipe. New. I want to stress that. The idea was to put the tank in it and add some structure to the pipe to hold the tank about 12" off the bottom of the keezer.

I cut a piece of wood about 13" long and put it in the pipe, and I sat the tank on top of it. I figured I would measure and see how high the gauges were. This would tell me how high to make a support for the tank. The height is perfect, though, so I didn't have to do that.

I was going to make a steel strap to attach the pipe to the collar, but it doesn't seem to be necessary.

I have a piece of 1" pipe. I was planning to drill holes in the sewer pipe, run the thin pipe through them, cement the small pipe in place, and cut off the excess. This will definitely work, but you can put anything in the pipe as long as it's tall enough to hold the tank up. A piece of 4x4 would work, and so would a piece of 4" pipe.

People have suggested wood gets moldy in keezers. I guess it can be painted.

A 6" sewer pipe is the perfect size for a 5-pound tank.

02 20 23 keezer with sewer pipe on CO2 tank small.jpg

People have suggested wood gets moldy in keezers. I guess it can be painted.
I'm pretty sure Thompson's Water Seal does a good job at resisting mold. [owing to neural damage, I can't remember for certain, but I'm pretty sure that's what I used to use for below grade wood.]
Normally I'm an advocate for keeping the tank outside keezer/kegerator, but that looks like an ideal inside solution. Kudos!!
:bigmug:

Back