6 gal torpedo mega mouth height

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moosebeard

Reaction score
I am looking into getting a 6 gallon torpedo megamouth keg from Morebeer since it looks like it will fit in a spare mini fridge for temp controlled fermentation. I have a question though for anyone who may have one and would be nice enough to measure it for me.

Morebeer says it’s height is 20.5”. I assume that is to the top of the handle?

How tall is it up to the highest point on the lid or post ( whichever is higher)?

I have 20.25 inches of verticals room in this fridge.

I don’t mind cutting or grinding some of the handle off to get it to fit assuming I could still get a low profile disconnect on gas post.

I don’t have a mega mouth, but I do have their 6G which is stated to have a 27.15” height on their site. That is to the top of the handle. Might provide some insight into the measurements they provide for the mega mouth version.

Didn’t feel like it was at the time, but the tape measure looks a little crooked.

IMG_8657.jpeg

Thank you, I really appreciate it. I believe that confirms it.

From the pictures it looks like the mega mouth seems to have about the same amount of handle extending over the lid.

So I can just cut a bit off the handles and finally have some temp control! Definitely needed at times here in Florida.

Thank you, I really appreciate it. I believe that confirms it.

From the pictures it looks like the mega mouth seems to have about the same amount of handle extending over the lid.

So I can just cut a bit off the handles and finally have some temp control! Definitely needed at times here in Florida.

Here's your megamouth height.
20230923_085949.jpg

Back