TN/Northern GA/Southern KY - Hop Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would we be able to get an update sometime this week on an ETA for the hops? Or an ETA on when we will have an ETA on the hop arrival? :D

I'm leaving the country for a few in a couple months and would like to make sure I'm going to be here to be able to pick them up.

theveganbrewer said:
Going to the far east, good beer hard to find there. But, I did see some Rodenbach at my N. Georgia beer store yesterday. Is it good?

Soo no beer but...... Plenty of Opium!!! Lol

Yea, Rodenbach is the classic Flanders Red. Check out this video if you have a chance. It's about 30 minutes long about Belgium beer and he spends awhile at Rodenbach...

[ame=http://vimeo.com/19367846]"Beer Amongst the Belgians" Promo on Vimeo[/ame]

Yea, Rodenbach is the classic Flanders Red. Check out this video if you have a chance. It's about 30 minutes long about Belgium beer and he spends awhile at Rodenbach...

"Beer Amongst the Belgians" Promo on Vimeo

Cool, thanks for the link. I've been in love with the country for more than 10 years and now that I'm brewing, I'm most interested in Belgian beers. I'm trying to track down a beer I had in Belgium but I haven't been able to find it and only have the slightest memory of what it was or looked like. Maybe it'll pop up in the video.

What was the name of the Beer?

That would be an ideal starting point for locating the beer....unfortunately I was at a beer and wine expo and this was the last beer I drank after nearly 3 hours touring other booths. I assume it is one of the following, since it came from a booth from this bar:

Blanche D'Ardenne
Corsendonk Pater
Corsendonk Agnus
De Koninck
De Koninck Blend
De Koninck Tripel
Duchese de Bourgogne
Pauwel Kwak
Tripel Karmellet
Gueze
Kriek
Pecheresse

I really don't remember much other than it was orangy-red in color, was slightly sour with a sweetness. Again, I was well past drunk at this stage.

Hey Bobby, how about an update on the hops? Have you talked to a rep lately? Possible ship estimate?

We will hopefully get the hops in March, apparently the hops have not all been pelletized. Since we are spread out we will take all the hops at one time. One or two of the hops are available now, but a majority of them have not been pelletized yet.

How is everybody doing on grain? I could use some 3 sacks of base malt and some honey malt. Does anybody want to sell me 3 or so pounds of flaked maize? If we put another buy together we would be looking at sometime in March for delivery, say the same time as the hops.

I haven't been following this, but what's the deal with payment? Bobby are you taking the money upfront or as the hops are ready to ship?

I haven't been following this, but what's the deal with payment? Bobby are you taking the money upfront or as the hops are ready to ship?

I will take payment before they ship, but hop union can't give me a shipping quote yet. Gas prices I suppose. When they are ready we will post what everybody owes.

How is everybody doing on grain? I could use some 3 sacks of base malt and some honey malt. Does anybody want to sell me 3 or so pounds of flaked maize? If we put another buy together we would be looking at sometime in March for delivery, say the same time as the hops.

I could use some grain too.

I am all out of 2-row. I need about 2 sacks. Not picky on the style - pale, maris otter, american, german, british, whatever, just needs to mash.

I just got a notice that we should be ready to ship in the next 2 weeks. We need to start the process of collecting funds. I will update Dave so he can update the spreadsheet. I would like to have everybody send me a check. PM me for my physical address.

I know that some folks have bought other stuff, so please post what you would be willing to give up from your order. If nobody jumps in to take what you offer up you are still responsible for what you committed to in the begginning. I can try to find somebody, and I think I should be able to, to take some hops off your hand but I cannot guarantee it.

I don't like making several trips to the bank, so don't be surprised if I hold your check for a couple of weeks. I would like to have the money in-hand when the hops are ready to go.

What are we making payment on at this point? I've got stuff in a few of the spreadsheets (13.75 in the TN Hop Buy sheet and 9.43 in the Hop Union buy). Just let me know what I need to do.

Are the hops coming in 1# bags like we got from label peelers or are like they coming in 11# bags and 44# boxes? If the later then have we found a source for vacuum bags? 220# of hops in a crap load to seal I hope we can find enough ppl with vacuum sealers to knock this out. I also think if you wanna get mason jars I am pretty sure the 1 qt jar will hold 1 pound.

I would be down to help seal but I need to know when they get here a week before hand so I can schedule myself off.

https://sheet.zoho.com/open.do?docid=1354895000000114015

Sheet is updated with shipping charges. Time to send funds to Bobby. Also, we will need 3 or 4 people to help split the 220# up. So who wants to volunteer....

...and we will need 3 or 4 vac sealers as well...
...and a couple scales...

This will probably suck after the first 100# or so. Just trying to stay positive. So...any volunteers? :D

The only Saturday I have off this month is the 23rd, March is going to be a working hell for me. April is wide open though....

I am down to help but I need to know a week in advance when they will be here so I can schedule myself off.

also every1 there maybe an extra 20 cents per pound added in at pickup time or before hand or pay me to get he bags as I was planning on sealing everything in 1# lots and you can break it futher if need be on you own but they bags are gonna run like $35 for well 200 and I got a 50ft roll to make the rest if any1 else has any links to cheaper bags please let me know. These are off ebay right now.

Latest posts

Back