Charlotte Area (Rock Hill, SC - Carolina Brew Supply) Grain Buy #2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wreck99

Wrecked Brewery
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Partnering with Anthony at Carolina Brew Supply again for Charlotte Area's Group Buy #2! The first one was very successful and we want to thank everyone who participated for your support. This time we had to adjust the prices a little to account for the LHBS's shipping costs and taxes (shipping is $10 per bag or $0.25 per pound of hops - included in the pricing). Anthony was super nice to take that hit in the 1st group buy. We will start taking orders, with payment expected thru end of February. We are aiming for a March 21st pickup. This group buy we've added hops! Please review the below list of grains and hops available.

If you are interested in joining this group buy, please reply to this thread with your order. This will help us have a running total. In addition, we would like your contact information up front this time so that Anthony Lindsay, owner of Carolina Brew Supply in Rock Hill, can contact you with the order form and online payment. It will just streamline things compared to the previous round. Therefore, please PM me with your Name, Email Address, and Phone # after you've made your post.

* We allow splitting of sacks, in 10 LB increments. We will need a minimum of 40+ bags (or 2000 lbs) for this to happen. We'll be soliciting through our local home brew club and Facebook as well for additional participants.

* Payment and Pickup will be facilitated through Carolina Brew Supply in Rock Hill, SC. Anthony will follow up to collect payment via the store's website or in-store just like last time. You MUST pick up your grain on the day of the pickup, arrange someone to pick it up for you (both parties need to let us know it's OK), or work out an arrangement with Anthony to store it.

* If you fail to pick up your grains, or make arrangements for others to pick up your grains, you are solely responsible for your grains at this point! Failure to pickup your grains after one week from the original pickup date will result in you forfeiting your grains and full payment...again unless an arrangement was worked out with the LHBS.

* The prices posted on this post are not to be shared as normal pricing. This is exclusive to this group buy ONLY! They are discounted just for you!

* We are hopeful to run this group buy twice a year, spring and fall timeframes.

We'd love to hear your experience from the group buy last fall. Please comment with your feedback in this thread as well, even if you aren't participating this round. Any feedback will only help us improve this going forward.

GRAINS:

b1f2fc3d0d.png

HOPS:

590b680032.png

Thank you!

Last edited:
Why are the hops prices significantly more expensive than ordering from Yakima Valley Hops? No flame, just curious. I know you mentioned shipping, but even then they seem steep.

Thanks for posting the prices. I participated in the first group buy and was a satisfied customer. I am a potential repeat customer.

Anyone have feedback from Grain Buy #2? Any plans for Grain Buy #3? I'm in Fort Mill, SC, and would like to participate in the next Charlotte, NC area group purchase.

Back