TN/Northern GA/Southern KY - Hop Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We really don't have a set yet. I hope to get the hops by the second week in April. I will update the thread when I get a shipment date.

the sooner the better I dont have a nice comfy mon-fri job plus I need to let them know a week in advance when I need days off its a crazy mess.

Delivery date being so late caught me while I'm out of the country for a month. I will be back on May 5th. Apologies for the logistics PITA, please let me know where I can find my hops when I return. Thanks, much appreciated.

I won't be able to make the split, my qualifying exam is April 16th and I need to spend the weekend prepping for that. I can contribute my vacuum sealer if you all can't track down enough.

the 14th should be good for me I put in for that day and the wife has to work late so I should be good all day. now who is bringing what food wise? I can bring burgers.

I'm selling a full 7lb co2 tank if anyone wants it. I can bring it to the hop swap. Figured I would offer it up here before placing it on GoLSN or Craigslist. I just bought a 20lb so I don't need this one anymore. It's the exact same one as in the link below.

http://www.bvrgelements.com/product/7-lb-CO2-Tank-Reconditioned-Steel/

I will sell it for $40 (Like I said, it comes full (refilled yesterday) of co2). Which will save you around $15-20, if you bought it outright even at the link's discount.

Should I PM someone for time/address of the split? I have to double check with my other half but I'm pretty sure we'll be free by lunch time or shortly thereafter on the 14th. If so, we'll show up hoping to buy some hops off those who over-ordered. Thanks.

Update: Hop Union may not be able to get the hops to us in time for the 14th. They are doing some inventory real soon, and that may make us wait.

the sooner I can know the better so i can take care of it on my work end as we do the schedules by wednesday for the next week.

The 14th is not going to happen, sorry guys. They are going to be doing some inventory in the coming week and nothing will ship out until that is done. My best guess is either the last weekend in April or the first weekend in May. May 5th isn't a good day for me, Dad's birthday and a work commitment.

These guys are ass hats, that's 5-7 months after the crops were harvested. There are stores that are already sold out of certain varieties for the year. This makes me rage.

Not directed at you Bobby.

I am also disappointed with how long it is taking. I think the prices are too good to pass up though. Next year when we have Citra, Simcoe, Centennial, and several other hard to get hops we will all be super happy.

I think the main reason its taking so long for us to get our's was the timing of the contract as all these other stores probably had their contracts set last year or years before. I agree the prices are too good to pass up.

I would imagine there are quite a few larger customers to take care of and we are lower on the pecking order, and I'm fine with that.

I will be out of country. I'd greatly appreciate if someone can hold onto my hops until I return in early May. I work occasionally in the Lebanon area and live in Chattanooga area. I can stop by somewhere and pick them up if possible.

I just re-added you to the list, so check your email and use that link to see if you can access it now.

33 pounds of sweetness! :rockin: Now, I can break this down into pounds.....or brew an APA bittered with only 33 pounds of whirlpool hops. Decisions, decisions.

Hops_Pic_1.jpg

Carter5112 said:
33 pounds of sweetness! :rockin: .....or brew an APA bittered with only 33 pounds of whirlpool hops. Decisions, decisions.

As long as they're not mine I say go for!
Ah F it, I'll pitch in.

I can't make it this Saturday, but if anyone has hops they'd like to sell after the split, feel free to send me a PM. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back