TN/Northern GA/Southern KY - Hop Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided to just go ahead and brew with all those hops. Thanks for the contribution guys! :cross:

Suho - if you want to bring those labels, that'd be sweet. I got everything split up into pounds and grouped together in the freezer. That would save me the trouble of hand labeling them myself and instead just slap the labels on them at Bobby's.

For Saturday: Will start the brew day around 9a. Bobby said if you show up then, to expect to get your hands dirty. Bagging/tagging of the hops will start around 10a. As always, he said home brews are appreciated.

PM me for his address/cell#

Also, if anyone is wanting to sell hops, post it here so we can start making a list of what will be available. We've already had a couple people give up some hops.

I'm not going to be able to make it Saturday, (WAY too much to do around the house) but I'm interested in picking through the left over hops. Great idea of posting what's available.

Also, I messed up and missed the February grain buy. So, if any one has got an extra sack of base malt (basic pale two row) they are willing to part with, let me know.

I've got probably 1/2 # of each herkules, hersbrucker, and ger Perle I'd be willing to trade of equal value of Simcoe, Citra or amirillo. Also I need some hefe yeast.

maffewl said:
I've got some Wy3068 still in the smack pack I'll trade... bought it for Dave but he didn't need it.

Cool. What do you want to trade for? Butter? I've got plenty.

Who has storeage space for a couple of 7ft stacks of the buckets we put grain in? I need to get them from work before they start using them all. If so please let me know by Friday and I can bring some to the hop split.

Who has storeage space for a couple of 7ft stacks of the buckets we put grain in? I need to get them from work before they start using them all. If so please let me know by Friday and I can bring some to the hop split.

I can put some in the basement.

I have purchased 11 lbs of hops Probably going to only keep 5 or 6 so if anybody knows someone who needs some hops. tell them either show up tomorrow or have them get in touch with me. I should be there between 9 and 10.

I forgot to ask today...but was there any data passed along from the supplier on the Alpha levels of these hops. Most of mine are just labeled with a name.

Dhack61 said:
I forgot to ask today...but was there any data passed along from the supplier on the Alpha levels of these hops. Most of mine are just labeled with a name.

+1. Just realized this.

Yes, I will post the alphas and betas. I left the sheet at Bobby's, so I once I get it from him, I will relay the info.

Alphas/Betas %:

Cascade 6.2/6.6
Chinook 11.1/3.1
Columbus 15.2/5.1
CZ Saaz 3.5/4.7
Zythos 10.0/5.0
GR Hallertau MF 4.5/5.5
GR N Brewer 10.5/6.2
GR Tettang 4.5
Magnum 14.5/7.6
Mt. Hood 5.9/6.6
Nugget 13.3/4.5
Summit 14.2/5.2
Willamette 4.7/3.7
UK Fuggle 3/4
UK K Golding 5.8/3.2

Only have the alpha for Tettang, and Fuggles is approx 3 and 4.

Latest posts

Back