This Really Annoys Me Pet Peeve Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People I don't know parking on the street in front of my house. I know, it's a public street, I know they have the legal right to park there...
It still irritates the livin' $hit out of me. I consider that space to be mine.

I have a driveway & I park there, they have driveways too, in the back alley, they're just too damned lazy to use them. I know there's nothing I can do about it, which just adds to the frustration, but it just pisses me off.
End rant, resume normal activity.
Regards, GF.

I right there with you on this one. When anyone visits my neighbor to the east, they always park in front of my house. At one point they had a house guest for a couple months and she always parked in front of my house. And not just next to my neighbors driveway, she would park right in front of the sidewalk to my house.

At one point I finally asked her to stop parking in front of my house and suggested she park in front of the neighbors house, since she was staying there. She then started parking in front of the house across the street from me.

I don't get it. I'm beginning to believe that my neighbor asks their guest to not park in front of their house.

I right there with you on this one. When anyone visits my neighbor to the east, they always park in front of my house. At one point they had a house guest for a couple months and she always parked in front of my house. And not just next to my neighbors driveway, she would park right in front of the sidewalk to my house.

At one point I finally asked her to stop parking in front of my house and suggested she park in front of the neighbors house, since she was staying there. She then started parking in front of the house across the street from me.

I don't get it. I'm beginning to believe that my neighbor asks their guest to not park in front of their house.

Probably. My father in law doesn't want his guests parking in front of his house because that's where he parks. If he cleaned out all the $hit in his garage he'd have room for one car.

The streets in his neighborhood are so narrow that double sided parallel parking only allows for one way traffic. Somebody always has to yield, pull over or back up to get to get by.

Mirrors have too be folded in or they are removed by passing cars.

People who say "Hot Water Heater!"
If the water is already hot why you need to heat it? It's simply a "Water Heater!"

Probably. My father in law doesn't want his guests parking in front of his house because that's where he parks. If he cleaned out all the $hit in his garage he'd have room for one car.

The streets in his neighborhood are so narrow that double sided parallel parking only allows for one way traffic. Somebody always has to yield, pull over or back up to get to get by.

Mirrors have too be folded in or they are removed by passing cars.

That's not the case with this neighbor. They usually park in their garage, or at least their driveway. But when they can't park in the driveway, they do park on my side of their driveway, i.e. not in front of their house.

At times whenever they or one of their guest are parked in front of my house, I do find a need to water my lawn, which unfortunately for them goes a little bit into the street.

yeah, you're technically not blocking my driveway

but this is an extremely dick move

there's plenty of room in front of you to pull up some

719.jpg

yeah, you're technically not blocking my driveway

but this is an extremely dick move

there's plenty of room in front of you to pull up some

View attachment 371122

Flip side of that for me is this: there is enough parking on the street for two cars between my driveway and my neighbor's to the north driveway. But only if you park like this. My wife does day care from home, and we still have 2 kids at home that drive and have cars and have friends over. There is always someone coming or going, so every parking spot is precious. Just annoys the **** out of me when someone parks right in the middle of that space when two cars can fit.

BTW I used to valet park when I was in college, so people who don't know how to park properly on the street annoy me in general.

Flip side of that for me is this: there is enough parking on the street for two cars between my driveway and my neighbor's to the north driveway. But only if you park like this. My wife does day care from home, and we still have 2 kids at home that drive and have cars and have friends over. There is always someone coming or going, so every parking spot is precious. Just annoys the **** out of me when someone parks right in the middle of that space when two cars can fit.

BTW I used to valet park when I was in college, so people who don't know how to park properly on the street annoy me in general.

I'd understand having to park like you do, someone would have to encroach on my driveway like that.

but there is space on my curb for 4 mid-size vehicles to park with ample space between them. our house is a side-by-side duplex with at least 50 feet between my driveway and our duplex neighbor's

This is my driveway and my neighbors truck. Pounded on the door in the morning demanding they move it or be towed and if it ever happened again it would be towed. Has not happened since.

Best part is my city does have an ordinance against this. Must be 5 feet from a driveway. You are also not allowed to be parked in a public street spot in front of someone elses house for more than 5 hours. I could have my neighbors ticketed every night if I wanted to.

View attachment 1474684301125.jpg

wow... recreational weed AND awesome parking laws?

if it weren't for the 4½ feet of average annual snowfall in Denver, I'd be living there!

(average here is 22 inches)

People who say "Hot Water Heater!"
If the water is already hot why you need to heat it? It's simply a "Water Heater!"
...and "pre-heating" the oven. You're heating it, aren't you? "Pre-heating" is what it does most of the time.

so, Windows 10 anniversary update ****ed up my screen resolution settings that the upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 ****ed up and took 4 hours to fix.

and Skype has become a split personality. calls have TIMESTAMPS on them running on 1 PC at work, but EXACT SAME PC at home, same hardware, (mostly) same software, same EXACT VERSION of Windows & Skype don't have TIMESTAMPS

BFML

oh, and DON'T BOTHER to TRY & turn OFF automatic updates in Skype. it updates if it wants to

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but the road in front of your house is just as much mine as it is yours. We all pay taxes. You don't own that section of the street. Heck, you don't even own the last 12 feet of your lawn (but thanks for mowing it anyway). As long as I'm not blocking your driveway, it's fair game, IMHO.

yes, we understand you're ALLOWED TO park there

doesn't mean we have to like it. it annoys us, we're gonna ***** about it

and I own my lawn, up to and touching the curb. ain't no sidewalks on our court

good call. I checked and no easements on our property

no plans to install sidewalks on our court. neighborhood was built in the early 70s, if they were going to put sidewalks in, they would have already

Look up easement legislation in your municipality.

I think you'll find if your town ever decides to install some, you don't actually own as much as you think you do.

An easement does not mean you don't own the property. It just means that you have to give allow access to that area. Even if the city puts sidewalks in the yard, the land still belongs to the owner of the property.

An easement does not mean you don't own the property. It just means that you have to give allow access to that area. Even if the city puts sidewalks in the yard, the land still belongs to the owner of the property.

That's the it works here in Texas, but if my neighbor puts a t post on 1 inch of my thousand acres I'm going to kick his A$$. [emoji12]

This commercial. Namely, the man-cave bit. Couldn't they have found a better character actor?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS1nS5gDhRk[/ame]

This commercial. Namely, the man-cave bit. Couldn't they have found a better character actor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS1nS5gDhRk

Yeah, overall that commercial was pretty inane and definitely doesn't make me want to shop at Wayfair. But what's your beef with the actor? He just seems like some generic *****y guy in a generic *****y commercial

Yeah, overall that commercial was pretty inane and definitely doesn't make me want to shop at Wayfair. But what's your beef with the actor? He just seems like some generic *****y guy in a generic *****y commercial

Hes' not wearing an athletic jersey or camo. Not your typical dude, that has a obvious hobby needing to escape to a man-cave. He's dressed like a yuppy back in 1984. LOL

Hes' not wearing an athletic jersey or camo. Not your typical dude, that has a obvious hobby needing to escape to a man-cave. He's dressed like a yuppy back in 1984. LOL

Looks like whoever came up with the commercial was taking a gratuitous shot at guys with man-caves. Or there was a method to his madness. After all, the commercial is getting free publicity here.

Grognerd

As a marine, and having been on sea duty. I can say they should leave that $hit alone. The sailors will keep it alive by calling them what they do.

I know as a U.S. Marine, we will ALWAYS yell for a CORPSMAN!!!! That will NEVER fvcking stop.

We loved our corpsman.

Edit: this is the Navy's version of a medic. This is who you scream for when your buddies are hurt.

Grognerd

As a marine, and having been on sea duty. I can say they should leave that $hit alone. The sailors will keep it alive by calling them what they do.

I know as a U.S. Marine, we will ALWAYS yell for a CORPSMAN!!!! That will NEVER fvcking stop.

We loved our corpsman.

Edit: this is the Navy's version of a medic. This is who you scream for when your buddies are hurt.
Schenkerla, No now you'll just yell their specialty, "B6842, I'm hit!!"

Schenkerla, No now you'll just yell their specialty, "B6842, I'm hit!!"

Like I said it will still be corpsman. The Navy and Marines are strongly steeped in tradition. That's why they have so much pride. The fricken morons that came up with that idiotic idea don't understand that, and probably did it only to simply make titles easier in some computer system.

I doubt that will change much. Except maybe on paper or electronic records.

People who roll through stop signs and don't yield to those who have actually stopped.

I witnessed this today. Three times by the same bless.

The most agregious...

Then did not yield to a crossing guard with a stop sign walking kids across the street. He chose not to yield because, they hadn't got to his side of the street.

After this made a u turn and didn't yield to slow moving oncoming traffic. Then he pulled up to the school, where he was going to drop off his children.

What a fvcking a$$hole.

Making scrambled eggs only to find the eggs are frozen as you start cracking them.

Oh and fvckers that mess with the refrigerator temp settting.

MF, GD, $@÷%€#&₩/

Really, the half & half is frozen too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back