This Really Annoys Me Pet Peeve Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How's that offensive, I've seen stuff like that all over this place, I guess stuff has changed here. I didn't know.

I don't know. I would think the drunking rambling and mindless mumbling would have latitude.

I'm guessing what it meant, that the guy who got the free beer is a ****** bag moron.

Let's get back on track without offensive language and abbreviations for offensive language.

Thanks.

I'm confused too... not sure what was offensive.

It's not uncommon to misspell swear words. To avoid **** and for or dramatic effect.

Hint: if your post is deleted by a moderator, don't repost the exact same message three times.

Sometimes it is not always obvious. I post often via mobile and it's riddled with network errors. You have try to post several times.

I posted once and it completely disappeared. I thought about for a minute and was gonna repost thinking it didn't go through. Then thought it might have been deleted. I wasn't sure. It was mindless blather anyhow so it didn't matter.

There was no note saying it was deleted by a mod so it's not obvious somebody deleted it.

Same case here?

Moderators deleting posts in the drunk rambling thread that's available to anyone.

They posts that were deleted had notes indicating why they were deleted in the main forum. Those notes are not seen if the user accesses via the app, I believe, although I don't use the app so can't say for sure.

They posts that were deleted had notes indicating why they were deleted in the main forum. Those notes are not seen if the user accesses via the app, I believe, although I don't use the app so can't say for sure.

Pappers

I'm in the main forum now in a chrome browser. I see no deleted posts by the Yoop or Pappers. Reference post # 1678 & 1679

For the record, Im not arguing necessity of the deleted post. Its just not evident that something was deleted. I can see somebody thinking it was network posting error if it was deleted abruptly. After a few times and questionable content somebody would get the idea. Although this in Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling..... so maybe not.
:D

Interesting. I'm in Chrome also and can see the notes that posts were deleted and the explanatory note. They don't have post numbers. I'll followup with Tex.

Pappers

I'm in the main forum now in a chrome browser. I see no deleted posts by the Yoop or Pappers. Reference post # 1679 & 1679

For the record, Im not arguing necessity of the deleted post. Its just not evident that something was deleted. I can see somebody thinking it was network posting error if it was deleted abruptly. After a few times and questionable content somebody would get the idea. Although this in Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling..... so maybe not.
:D

I'm on Chrome, with Windows 10, and this is a screenshot of the last page:
screenshot.png

I think they don't show up on the app, but these should show up on all desktop versions.

In any case, everyone watch your language and don't be a jerk and we'll all get along fine. The reason the mods are here is because of a complaint by a fellow member, so it was moderated. If you have doubts about what might or might not be allowed, feel free to PM as ask one of us. But if something deleted because it is in poor taste, or has language that considered profanity, you may not have to ask why.

I've complained about some posts, was told "it's Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumblings... suck it up"

and Yoop, I don't see those deleted posts from your screenshot at all... I see the Wayne's World video post, then your "Let's get back on track" post

Opera on Win10. I can provide a screenshot, if necessary

I'm on Chrome, with Windows 10, and this is a screenshot of the last page:
View attachment 377558

I think they don't show up on the app, but these should show up on all desktop versions.

In any case, everyone watch your language and don't be a jerk and we'll all get along fine. The reason the mods are here is because of a complaint by a fellow member, so it was moderated. If you have doubts about what might or might not be allowed, feel free to PM as ask one of us. But if something deleted because it is in poor taste, or has language that considered profanity, you may not have to ask why.

I know what you are saying. I agree. I didn't think it was offensive. Frankly, I didn't know what they meant, but I assumed what it meant. Not in the urban dictionary. Hence my Wayne's World post.

Limbrizik drops the f bomb in his own post. I assume benco was confirming the dude who got the free beer was a jerk. I am I wrong or was there more that was deleted that i didn't see that was worse?

If you want this continued in PM I understand.

edit ; taking a closer look in urban dictionary, scrolling down.... I see why.

I've complained about some posts, was told "it's Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumblings... suck it up"

and Yoop, I don't see those deleted posts from your screenshot at all... I see the Wayne's World video post, then your "Let's get back on track" post

Opera on Win10. I can provide a screenshot, if necessary

GrogNerd - I assume your talking about the random picture thread? If that's the case, my point was some stuff might be PG or R-Rated or just drunk idiocy. Not to be taken too seriously assuming it doesn't cross the line.

"Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumblings - The Title Says It All"

screenshot-2016-11-19-at-31441-pm-67776.png

Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > This Really Annoys Me Pet Peeve Thread

I assumed this was sort of a dark back alley type of thread that never saw the light of day. I didn't expect this thread to become the epitome of the title -_-

For amusements sake I have one very important question I need to axe you.

How do you pronounce draught beer?

A.) Draft Beer

B.) Drawt Beer

"My Pillow" commercials. Friggin' hate them.

"I want a pillow that just works." Ha like some don't.

"I'm returning this pillow because it's broken. It doesn't work. It quit working only after one night if use".

When I lost my job in the recession I started to walk 4-5 miles a day to keep my legs in shape until I found another job and when I realized that I was S O L because of my age and had to start collecting my retirement early just to have something coming in I continued walking as easy cheap exercise. When I walk I go at a very brisk pace and keep my head down avoiding eye contact giving the message that I am not out and about to meet people and make friends.
I am constantly running across people that insist on trying to engage me in conversation. Why is it so hard for some people to take a hint? I am VERY obvious in my let me alone body language.

When I lost my job in the recession I started to walk 4-5 miles a day to keep my legs in shape until I found another job and when I realized that I was S O L because of my age and had to start collecting my retirement early just to have something coming in I continued walking as easy cheap exercise. When I walk I go at a very brisk pace and keep my head down avoiding eye contact giving the message that I am not out and about to meet people and make friends.

I am constantly running across people that insist on trying to engage me in conversation. Why is it so hard for some people to take a hint? I am VERY obvious in my let me alone body language.

^^^ People that want to make friends with me when I'm lifting. [emoji19]

Blurt out obscenities while making twitchy tics, like you have Tourettes. People will give you a wide berth.

I'll admit I'm getting close to theoretical retirement age and I still don't understand people very well but what I do understand is that many people are just oblivious to their surroundings or so self absorbed that other people don't matter at all to them.

I'm referring to people who block supermarket aisles, people who yammer loudly on their cell phones in quiet places, people who are so distracted at traffic lights they don't go when it changes causing many others behind them to miss the light, people who drive with their lights off after all common sense screams that they should be on, people who stay in the passing lane while driving over the speed limit though faster cars are behind them.

Of course I could go on forever with examples because there are so many just from driving. If people continue to abuse your good nature you have to at some point say, no mas, and just show them your backside or be even more direct in indicating to them what you want.

I'll admit I'm getting close to theoretical retirement age and I still don't understand people very well but what I do understand is that many people are just oblivious to their surroundings. People who block supermarket aisles, people who yammer loudly on their cell phones in quiet places, people who are so distracted at traffic lights they don't go when it changes causing many others behind them to miss the light, people who drive with their lights off after all common sense screams that they should be on. Of course I could go on forever with examples because there are so many. If people continue abuse your good nature you have to at some point say, no mas, and just show them your backside.

I'm with you! I find that kind of stuff annoying too. I think its a sign of getting older.

I am that angry old man with a shot gun telling the kids to get off my grass as they retrieve a baseball. 40 years ago I was the kid tormenting that old man. :D

That actually happened. The cops actually came and hauled his a$$ away. His wife nearly had a emotional breakdown from the event.

I was ready to do this last week when the some guy was talking loudly by my desk on his cell phone. However, he was using the speaker with volume turned way too high. He was pissing me off bad. I got off my call, and decided to take a walk to blow off steam. Normally, I'd let him have it... I would not regret what I would said to him, I think the tone would have been the issue. Not a good time to see HR.

22AwlYJ.gif

my username here literally translates to "mean old man"

I gotta admit, I seem to trap people into conversations for longer than they would like

I work from home, go to the boss' one day a week to work, so the only adult conversation I get is mostly with the BigHair, my boss and his wife. so I get a little starved for a little person-to-person contact.

a little old to go out partying every night, but I do get out a few nights a month for VFW and 2 brew club meetings,

so, yeah, I apologize for being that chowderhead talking your ear off. trapped forever if you get me started talking about beer.

it takes me a minute to pick up on the subtle social clues you're expressing which indicate you want to run away or not engage at all. eventually I'll take the hint and let you go

What I find even worse is I take public transportation a lot and always have something to read to give out an obvious "let me alone" vibe and still some people try to engage me in conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back