This Really Annoys Me Pet Peeve Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not talking about merging out of a lane at the end of the lane. That I agreed with. I'm talking about hopping from a lane that isn't ending (left lane) into a lane that is ending (right turn lane)... only to hop back into original lane again. It messes with people making a right turn and it causes additional merges in the left lane.

Anyway the only way to win that war is for everyone to now hop into that exit lane making it no longer an advantage. Basically scorched earth.

If you have ever driven where this is an accepted practice, you would not think that way.

Fill up both lanes and take turns at the merge. Everything flows smoothly and the only asshats are those that don't let people have their turn.

Footprints in my snow. People cutting through my yard because they're too lazy to walk around the corner. People who let their pets $hit in my yard.

If you have ever driven where this is an accepted practice, you would not think that way.

Fill up both lanes and take turns at the merge. Everything flows smoothly and the only asshats are those that don't let people have their turn.

I'm still getting used to driving in Colombia, where official lanes are ignored. It's however many cars, trucks, motorcycles, wheelchairs, handcarts, bikes and pedestrians you can fit on whatever size road. It's not for the faint of heart, especially going over the mountains.

I'm still getting used to driving in Colombia, where official lanes are ignored. It's however many cars, trucks, motorcycles, wheelchairs, handcarts, bikes and pedestrians you can fit on whatever size road. It's not for the faint of heart, especially going over the mountains.

I've spent a fair bit of time in Asia, and they pretty much have the same idea... Lanes are more of a suggestion than a rule. And in Taiwan particularly, the buzzing of hordes of scooters everywhere makes me wonder how there aren't multiple fatalities every 10 feet...

I know there's the whole "Asian drivers" stereotype, but I consider myself a pretty good driver and I'm not sure I'd last an hour over there!!!

Reactions: Kee
People who are too lazy to even do pot luck and prefer eating Chinese for Christmas dinner.

My wife's siblings all decided to do Chinese carry-out for Christmas dinner. Nobody wants to cook.

I'm like, fine. I tolerate Chinese food, but not for Christmas. I'm from a Polish family who always had roast beef, polish sausage, sour kraut, peirogies, cranberries, corn and what not. With pecan, or pumpkin pie for desert.

So I tell her OK, no problem, I'm not eating Chinese. I'll make a pot roast in the crock pot to cook all day. That's what I'll eat come dinner time. To her that's unacceptable because how they plan to split the bill. I'm like leave me out of it. I think it's because people will ask why aren't you eating Chinese. Then they might feel odd about it.

This is a tradition that I don't want started.

https://youtu.be/miBKPwVtxFU

Yeah - Chinese is for an average Friday evening when we're too darn tired to cook. Christmas? Hell no. For me, the food is just as important as being with family and all the fun silly traditions.

In the northeast it is a long time tradition for Jews to go out for Chinese on Xmas day. Not sure if that translates in other parts of the country. Our one Chinese place in town will probably close on the 25th.

Do what they do in Japan. Kentucky for kurisumasu. I'm not making this up or exaggerating. KFC for Christmas is a thing

Yeah - Chinese is for an average Friday evening when we're too darn tired to cook. Christmas? Hell no. For me, the food is just as important as being with family and all the fun silly traditions.

Thanks. The wife was making me out to being an inflexible jerk. Inflexible maybe, but a jerk? No!!!! I wasn't telling anybody they could not eat Chinese. Just that I wouldn't. To me it's not right.

The irony is that the first place they selected is closed on Xmas. After this discovery, they find a bar in Berwyn IL that's open and sells Chinese food. Then I find out the 9 grandkids won't eat Chinese either. So, my MIL will make take bake pizza from Costco.

I told my wife I'm getting carry out from Old Warsaw tomorrow and I'll heat up left overs.

Best possible compromise....

http://www.sawasoldwarsaw.com/index.php/our-buffet

Oddly enough, we have never once done turkey on Christmas day. Brisket has been the go-to Christmas dinner at my parents' house and a big ham is what the in-laws do. Both are awesome and (even better) both make great leftover sandwiches.

Oddly enough, we have never once done turkey on Christmas day. Brisket has been the go-to Christmas dinner at my parents' house and a big ham is what the in-laws do. Both are awesome and (even better) both make great leftover sandwiches.

I'd be happy with either of those for dinner too.

Used to do chili for Christmas dinner, but since I have been with the BigHair, we have started a holiday tradition of having Cornish hens

(Old chili recipe = Carroll Shelby's. New recipe = Wendy's clone)

Charging extra for adding lettuce and tomato to my mcdouble (Merry Christmas).

I'd have parked that bastard in with my old piece of crap car. What a *******.

Report it at stolen. There is zero chance that a person owns a Hyundai and cares enough about it not getting scratched to park that way. The Venn diagram doesn't compute

Sad thing is that that happens all year long. Why do people think that they are entitled to more space than others? Don't care what you drive. No one car is more special than others. If your worried about getting scratched, take a taxi a-hole!

Driver must'a been this guy.

how-the-grinch-stole-christmas-7.jpg

Sad thing is that that happens all year long. Why do people think that they are entitled to more space than others? Don't care what you drive. No one car is more special than others. If your worried about getting scratched, take a taxi a-hole!

Or park at the extreme far end of the lot where no one else will be parking. As long as the extra 50 feet of walking won't tax your poor lazy ass too much. If it does, take a taxi.

I'd have parked that bastard in with my old piece of crap car. What a *******.

I once had assigned parking at one of my apartments. Some jacka$$ parked in my space. I blocked the mofo in the whole labor day weekend. Would double park blocking my wife in too. I would move the car just to let her out, then move it back.

He had too of got the message if he saw an empty space, but he was still blocked in behind my car.

I've done just that, more than once.

Me only once.

Professional athletes who suddenly become "Sr."

I mean, if you're Odell Beckham Jr or Golden Tate III, sure, put that on your uniform. Yes, your antecedents made a stupid narcissistic decision to share their name with you, but that's the identity that you've grown up with, and perhaps you should honor the antecedents that helped raise you into the person who became an NFL star.

But if you're Steve Smith, and you decide that you're going to have a kid and name him Steve Smith Jr, you're making a narcissistic bad decision. But to suddenly put "Smith Sr." on your uniform, you're basically honoring your own narcissism. "Hey everyone, look at me, I have a child! Yay, me!"

Referring to yourself as "Name Sr." is generally bad form, with VERY RARE exception. I mean, had I ever made that narcissistic decision (which I would never do), and someday long after my son had come to work at the same company as I did, perhaps I would have to start going as Sr. to reduce confusion. But this is the NFL. You're 27 and famous. Your kid is 4. The world doesn't care about him. He's not exactly going to be lining up across the line of scrimmage from you.

This trend of athletes naming their child the same name as themselves and then publicly congratulating themselves for procreating by calling themselves "Sr" really annoys me.

ok, so this a-hole happened

#1 - I have an abnormally large head. if they make the hat in my size and it fits, it could NOT be a "kid's hat"

#2 - how does he know there is money to be made raping dogs?

*******.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back