The Nice People Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There were some nice posts about nice people...then cheezy and laughing gnome had to take it south...as usual. ;)

Creamy is not "nice people"......did you hear what he does to his wife?

She's a cheese monger, she's used to smelly, rotten, bacteria-ridden and out-dated. :cross:

There were some nice posts about nice people...then cheezy and laughing gnome had to take it south...as usual. ;)

Good thing us "nice people" don't really mind. I bet we still got them to think about it, regardless of what they posted.

Absolutely!

I helped my newish GF of 2 months mulch, sell, move, clean, unpack, etc. From her huge house to smaller digs.

She thanked my plenty, but it was still pretty damned nice of me, if I do say so myself....which I apparently do.

Me and the Boss Lady went to do meals on wheels today. On the way back we stopped by Chick-fil-a so she could grab lunch, ( I pack mine) the nice girl at the drive through gave me 2 chicken biscuits for free. score! :ban:

Me and the Boss Lady went to do meals on wheels today. On the way back we stopped by Chick-fil-a so she could grab lunch, ( I pack mine) the nice girl at the drive through gave me 2 chicken biscuits for free. score! :ban:

Love me some chick-fil-a. Spicy deluxe w/ their signature sauce. Yummmmmmmmm. I think that's what's for lunch. :mug:

Last weekend I went up Wright Peak with my cousin and his Irish wolfhound. I'm still buzzin! What a great trip!

Had a great evening last night with my two boys and they went to bed with zero problems. They share a room with bunk beds and they are 7 and 5 so bedtime is usually a challenge to put it nicely. Then had a rocking workout where the sweat just ran off me. Nice.

I've been in such a good mood I thought that this should get bumped back up to the front page.

Tasty waves, a cool buzz and all that. :D

Seeing as though it's Friday, us Mon-Fri work people should all be excited. Great weather here and a nice weekend w/ the wife and kids await. :ban:

Here it's pouring rain at the moment but I'll be going out tonight with my wife and her cousin and husband for her cousins birthday. So it's all good.

BUT BUT BUT........

by getting Chick Fil A you were being insensetive to same sex chickens :(

;)

They put in a Raising Cain across the street from ChicFilA and I am able to avoid it now.

Here is to me then. I just got back from being at the beach for the weekend and all my barware is gone. I believe one (or more) of my roomates threw a party this weekend and I supplied the beer. If I didnt have to be at work this evening I would find out how nice I really was and see how bad the damage to the kegs is.

Must have been a good party as there was a mattrerss on the back deck, broken glass from what I believe was a tabletop or picture frame in one of the rooms, and the all sorts of other signs of chaos in the upstairs common area.

And my personal thanks to the group of people who kept buying us drinks last night.

my wife & our 2 boys, and brewing. everything else pisses me off. I am a bitter & jaded person. I'm gonna be the grumpy old guy drinking whiskey on the porch & yelling at kids on the sidewalk to stay off my lawn. and then on Tuesday...

Actually, Billy, for a guy who has taken a brick to the side of the head, I have found you to be inordinately forgiving of human faults.

Actually, Billy, for a guy who has taken a brick to the side of the head, I have found you to be inordinately forgiving of human faults.

I'm a deep & complicated guy. hahahhahaa!!! really, before I met my wife I was quite mean & violent. the way I saw it, "Wrong me in any way, I'll make you pay." she brought out the best in me. a lot of crap still pisses me off though.

my wife & our 2 boys, and brewing. everything else pisses me off. I am a bitter & jaded person. I'm gonna be the grumpy old guy drinking whiskey on the porch & yelling at kids on the sidewalk to stay off my lawn. and then on Tuesday...

Sounds like me. I dont like people. Period

I like animals though. They are cool to hang with.

Goofynewfie said:
Sounds like me. I dont like people. Period

I like animals though. They are cool to hang with.

I like dogs way better than people... People are smart enough to be really dumb while dogs are just soft furry loyal creatures that just want to constantly impress you.

Sounds like you're turning into Clint's character in Grand Torino! ;) I was the same way when I was young,now I'm just the grumpy old men type. I do miss my old buddies though...

Played nice guy for the neighbor yesterday. They were getting ready to go camping and the hubby left with the truck and the ATVs and the wife left about 20 min later with their travel trailer. I was smoking a stogie in the driveway when she pulled out of their driveway and I noticed she still had the fill hose attached to the potable water connection of the trailer. I was too late to stop her from ripping it loose from the house but I did get her attention to stop and take the hose off the side of the trailer as she was going down the road.

Her husband is prbably not going to be happy about the outdoor faucet of the house when they get back next week but at least she isn't hosing everybody as she goes down the road. (A little humor at her expense - they're actually very nice neighbors!)

My wife and I put up silk curtains on our balcony, making a canopy.

About once a day, more oft on weekends, a family will walk by, and like clockwork one or more little girls will point and say "oooooo I like that!"

Creamy Goodness's wife, sews things little girls like. Creamy Goodness hangs them with a broom stick... with a paintstirrer ducktaped to the end.

Last weekend I got the boat out on the water. Where I launch only has two docks with a total of three positions to launch/recover. The western most launch spot typically has a LOT of sand wash up. Right after I recovered my boat, a guy was trying to haul his 30 footer out of the western most end and got his trailer buried half way to the axle in the sand. Combine that with a wet and sandy boat launch and all four of the guys tires on his diesel truck were slipping and he was going nowhere. I ended up unhooking my trailer and backed up to him to hook up a tow strap and help haul him out. I really didn't think anything of it, just seeing someone with a need and taking ten minutes out of my day to help him out. As I was reconnecting my trailer, he came up to me asking how much he owed me. I guess I was a little dumbfounded because it was the LAST thing I expected.

I'm pretty sure this thread was NOT intended to have people share what nice thing they've done. It's a tribute to other nice people and what they do for you or others you stupid muricans

My wife and I put up silk curtains on our balcony, making a canopy.

About once a day, more oft on weekends, a family will walk by, and like clockwork one or more little girls will point and say "oooooo I like that!"

Creamy Goodness's wife, sews things little girls like. Creamy Goodness hangs them with a broom stick... with a paintstirrer ducktaped to the end.

Creamy decorates his house to attract little girls.

So, today I called the police and reported a child predator who hangs pretty silk curtains on his balcony in NY.

I'm pretty sure this thread was NOT intended to have people share what nice thing they've done. It's a tribute to other nice people and what they do for you or others you stupid muricans

Luckily mine was just a spoof and a lie in a vain attempt to contribute to society in a positive way after a series of arrests. As such it's easily reworded to satisfy the longings of persnickety old men.

At McDonalds drive thru the couple in front of me paid for my lunch. Made my day brighter.

Or what I do to nice people who offend me by being nice.....

Back