The most ingonrant thing you have EVER heard about Hombrewing or hombrewing technique

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i heard if you put a lincoln head penny in the tread of your tires, and if the tread just touches lincoln's head, that homebrewing gives you aids.

While not homebrew related, a guy I work with swears up and down that Coors uses some chemical process for brewing that requires zero heat, at any point. And that's how they have the "coldest tasting beer in the world" and that's why its is so "smooth". When I tried to explain to him briefly how brewing works and how that is impossible, he said something to the effect of "Oh, no, man... my cousin lives in Colorado and knows the brewmaster"

Oh. Ok. Jackass...

Just yesterday I was told by a buddy, "I wouldn't want to drink homebrew, there is too much of a risk of Botulism."

EdMerican said:
While not homebrew related, a guy I work with swears up and down that Coors uses some chemical process for brewing that requires zero heat, at any point. And that's how they have the "coldest tasting beer in the world" and that's why its is so "smooth". When I tried to explain to him briefly how brewing works and how that is impossible, he said something to the effect of "Oh, no, man... my cousin lives in Colorado and knows the brewmaster"

Oh. Ok. Jackass...

This one might be the winner. You had me at Coors drinker.

EdMerican said:

Oh. Ok. Jackass...

Coors invites this kind of misunderstanding through marketing.

I used to live in Golden, a few blocks north of Coors. The mashing and boiling steam would make the whole area smell like cooking polenta.

I offered my neighbour a sampling of a honey red ale, after an afternoon of enjoying a, few pints he staggered home and the next morning he asked if it rained last night, his wife then informed him no you idiot you showered with your clothes on. I guess it did the trick.

"what kind of alcohol do you put in it? PGA? Vodka?"

no, no, the yeasts make all the alcohol i don't put any in

"No, 'fermenteration' just makes the bubbles. You're using moonshine and don't want to tell me aren'tcha? Man, I want to try some of that!"

Ingonrant co-worker

Fordzilla said:
Good, as usual. Why, did you spit in it?

Nope haha just wondering. I like hearing how things are because it makes everyone in the kitchen feel good. We had a bavarian dinner yesterday with 5 different courses as well as a different beer going along with each one

Back