The hopefully not obnoxious wood fired brick oven build thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much dough should I bring to cook a bunch of pizzas THIS Saturday... at your cookout?

Just say the word my man

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew because it impresses people

That pizza oven's so ugly, the only thing that's left to do is to kill it with fire. And I'd say there's about a 90% chance you do exactly that, the first time it gets lit up.

Uhhhhhhh. Didn't you just send me a text about how your two "partners" were going to be pouring The Bog Water down at the Cape Cod beer fest, leaving your sorry ass to hold down the fort in Norton?

~~|Like I said... Doubtful. Working all day in the tap room usually leaves me useless, nevermind doing it solo. ~~|

Ya. Useless. I guess that pretty much sums things up.

That pizza oven's so ugly, the only thing that's left to do is to kill it with fire. And I'd say there's about a 90% chance you do exactly that, the first time it gets lit up.

So if the Masstoberfest trophy gets tossed onto the "oven" which one will break first? Not sure the laws of physics can answer that one...

So if the Masstoberfest trophy gets tossed onto the "oven" which one will break first? Not sure the laws of physics can answer that one...

Have you see the pictures in the other thread? That thing's been to hell and back, literally. Must have been high-temperature paint that I used on it.

I was hoping it was going to wind up looking like this...

vader-oven-63823.jpg

So Paul... what's the over/under on # of pizzas that will be made in the oven on Saturday?

Well, I gotta say one thing - I'm thoroughly scared off of building one of these. Thanks - and my marriage thanks you.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Practice...

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411474254.037120.jpg

Practice...

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411474298.083999.jpg

Practice...

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411474354.945657.jpg

Got Spawns boyfriend to come over last night to point the inside of the dome, paid him in pizza cooked on the grill. No way my fat ass was getting in and out of there. Refining my technique, getting my game in order.

So whats the process for "curing" the oven? Several consecutive fires, of increasing intensity, before actually cooking with it? Or just one long burn to get everything to harden up?

I would think one big piece of the process would be to insulate (somehow) and then seal/waterproof the dome. If not, you can have all the low and slow fires in it you want to dry it out but as soon as it rains again , the moisture will get right back into it.

Once moisture gets into it and it get fired for real...

Uhh

It'll be totally fine.

Just go with what you're doin' Paul. Looks great buddy.

Way to simply cook a pizza on your freakin grill and post pics in your "hey look at the pizza oven I have been building for nine years!" Thread. Solid work.

Die.

Please.

Just die.

You don't even have to die in a painful manner, although that would be preferable.

But in answer to your question, I will eventually put a 'house' around the entire thing, much like the one Evets has around his, to keep it dry. Any other concerns?

Any other concerns?

Other than this thing collapsing, or shooting shards of splintered bricks at people at high velocity, or covering any food put in it with flaked off concrete, or the very real likelihood that anyone who eats anything from this thing will immediately contract Lupus?

Nope. Those are my main concerns.

You should post pics of just a take out pizza next.

"Heyyyyyyy everyone... Chhhheck out the meat-lover's pizza I jjjjjist picked up! Ehhhhh? I'll just place it here next to my non-functioning pizza oven so you get the effect of what it won't ever actually look like".

I hear Tombstone makes a muthafkcer of a frozen pizza.

"THIS is a pizza I just heated.... in my toaster-oven. Ehhhhhhhhh? Nice huh?"

C'mon Paul. People are antsy for more pizza pics!!!

So looking at those pizza practice pictures, it looks like you started with two pies ready to go in the oven, and then ended up with one cooked pie, including black, burnt dandelion greens, and one cooked crust with nothing on it.

Hmmm. I'd say you need a lot more practice.

Most pizzas include more than the crust.

Haters gonna hate. Massholes gonna mass. and then hate.

Seriously...I'm impressed. As much as I would love a pizza oven in my back yard...I am thinking that a kit will be in my future.

Was I the only one rooting for fatalities in that office building fire yesterday?

You're a terrible person... I was trapped in a stairwell for over 20 minutes in a crush of people trying to get out of a burning high-rise.

Nice.

I bust your chops about a train wreck of a pizza oven build.... and you wish I died in the skyscraper fire I was caught up in yesterday.

Real nice Paul.

How does Alice tolerate your cold, dead soul?

Back