The hopefully not obnoxious wood fired brick oven build thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some more brick laid this morning before heading to the shelter.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410447157.577800.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410447211.658308.jpg

Ya know Brian, ya had me worried. 'Jeebuz, what if I'm NOT done by Masstoberfest? I'll have to move to Peru to escape that *****enozzle.'

But I believe I'll pull it off. Might not be pretty that day but it will be functional.

Nah nah nah nah nahhhhhh nahhhhh!

My theory is that the top is coming in way too flat and instead of an arch, with a keystone at the top to hold it all in place, it's just gonna be a flat "roof" that... as soon as this thing gets fired, will expand slightly and then crumble into the center.

I mean...

Looks awesome man! Keep going!! Yayyyyy Paul!!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew because it impresses people

I started reading this thread thinking, how can you talk about a pizza oven for 41 pages? And expecting a cool reveal, and learning stuff in the process. And yes I just sat here and read this thread start to finish...

I've learned something, but I'm still trying to understand what.

Anyway, following along purely for the entertainment value.

My theory is that the top is coming in way too flat and instead of an arch, with a keystone at the top to hold it all in place, it's just gonna be a flat "roof" that... as soon as this thing gets fired, will expand slightly and then crumble into the center.

I worried about that too but I think it's ok. It's no where close to a perfect dome, it has flat spots and dips, nooks and crannies. Basicly it looks like instead of being built by a skilled mason it was built by a f'ing nurse.

Oh...... wait a second......

I started reading this thread thinking, how can you talk about a pizza oven for 41 pages? And expecting a cool reveal, and learning stuff in the process. And yes I just sat here and read this thread start to finish...

I've learned something, but I'm still trying to understand what.

Anyway, following along purely for the entertainment value.

And we have another victim...

It has a track? What is it?

Oh ya, the pizza oven. I'm working all weekend. Since I leave the house before 6 and dont get home till around 8 nothings getting g done on it till Monday. But I hope to finish the dome then. Till then any posting done in this thread will consist of Cape being jealous and tearing me down, various assorted numbers of Cape's lackeys hoping to score a free pint of Stinger by busting me and the usual never ending stream of woman persueing me.

Nothing new, in other words.

I'm not sure why but I find myself hoping this thing collapses.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I like to think of the dome as being like a woman's breasts. When she is young her breasts are are firm and perky and her nipples point straight out. And you live to play with them.

And as she matures they soften and maybe drop a little and the nipples are a little off center. And they're still a great playground,

And when she's older still they droop and drop and the nipples point to the floor. But you still love to go there.

All I can say is that I've been working on this dome for a long damned time.

Back