The Big Box of Yum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at that pic, I forgot to send BBQ sauce. Damn. Enjoy

Delicious ribs perfectly smoked and i prefer unsauced anyway.
Teen son came in and grabbed one while I was "sampling" them and told me that they were better than mine

Delicious ribs perfectly smoked and i prefer unsauced anyway.
Teen son came in and grabbed one while I was "sampling" them and told me that they were better than mine

Hey thanks. I hope they were good, I BBQ for a living. Lol Glad you enjoyed them.

No pic of this one but starting off with a drunken trout. Golden trout with half of the jim beam honey.

Tasted before and after and definitely prefer the after

Buckaroo and Serrano chillis up next paired wonderfully with the tacos swmbo made for dinner. i think i should have either seeded them or only used one, still very drinkable but it's definitely got some bite to it

I keep forgetting to take pictures until it's almost gone. I'll do better next time but after the serrano I'm going to let my taste buds recover the rest of the night. Back to your suggestions tomorrow night

Any recommendation on the amount of wasabi, I haven't used it other than with sushi?

So, once again i forgot the picture but wasabi was meant for sushi not beer! One flavor i won't be repeating

Up next is basil hefe

Pom in orange wheat followed closely with hibiscus swami. Not generally a fan of orange in beer but it wasn't that noticeable especially with the pomegranate added.

Has anyone else noticed how much some ingredients foam up?

The hibiscus is a great flavor, love to drink it in absolut... I'm thinking that the bitterness in the ipa detracts from it slightly. I'll try some of the extra in a wheat or maybe a pale

All in all two more good combinations

View attachment 1427936861854.jpg

View attachment 1427936882302.jpg

About half of thwm have so far but none quite so badly

Foam is where the flavor is! Seriously tjough, the additives act as a nucleation site for the bubbles. You have to be reaaaally careful pouring the beer into it, and your best bet is to have the stuff already in it

My apologies to everyone, computer crashed then Internet went down. Still working off my phone data plan so tomorrow I'll be at fedex shipping in person instead of just dropping off a labeled package

And as I typed that the thought popped into my head ..... why not tether the phone to the computer

Label printed and I'll put the box back together and drop it off tomorrow, sorry for the delay

Back