Thanks orfy..!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jester

Reaction score
I jsut wanted to send out a thanks to orfy for his hobgoblin recipe... I brewed this as my first all-grain about a month ago and I'm sitting here enjoying my second glass as I type this... This is great stuff... and thanks to everyone else for all there suggestions and information over the past few years...

Jester

It is a great recipe. Im on my last few bottle probably will brew it again, it was my dad's fav. that I have made.

Jester said:
...and thanks to everyone else for all there suggestions and information over the past few years...

Jester
You're welcome. Glad I could help. :p

Do you happen to have an "americanized" recipe on hand. I'm a little to druck to translate the metrics into...uh...non metrics.

BierMuncher said:

Do you happen to have an "americanized" recipe on hand. I'm a little to druck to translate the metrics into...uh...non metrics.

If your Druck you need to be in the chat
Here is the americanized recipe
Batch Size: 5.00 gal
Boil Size: 5.72 gal
Estimated OG: 1.066 SG
Estimated Color: 18.6 SRM
Estimated IBU: 28.2 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.0 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
10.50 lb Pale Malt, Maris Otter (3.0 SRM) Grain 89.7 %
0.50 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM) Grain 4.3 %
0.40 lb Carafoam (2.0 SRM) Grain 3.4 %
0.30 lb Chocolate Malt (450.0 SRM) Grain 2.6 %
0.50 oz Styrian Goldings [5.40%] (60 min) Hops 8.7 IBU
0.50 oz Fuggles [4.50%] (60 min) Hops 7.2 IBU
0.50 oz Styrian Goldings [5.40%] (30 min) Hops 6.7 IBU
0.50 oz Fuggles [4.50%] (30 min) Hops 5.6 IBU
0.50 oz Fuggles [4.50%] (0 min) Hops -
0.50 oz Styrian Goldings [5.40%] (0 min) Hops -
1 Pkgs Nottingham (Danstar #-) Yeast-

BierMuncher said:

hehehee... druck... thats funny..!!!!

Jester said:
I jsut wanted to send out a thanks to orfy for his hobgoblin recipe... I brewed this as my first all-grain about a month ago and I'm sitting here enjoying my second glass as I type this... This is great stuff... and thanks to everyone else for all there suggestions and information over the past few years...

Jester

Glad to here it, you're welcome.
I've had a couple tonight. :mug:

Back