Temp controlled fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jq1n

Reaction score
Anyone use one of these? It's a temperature controlled conical fermenter. I'm dreaming of a major equipment upgrade and saw this. Reasonably priced. I am using the most basic of basic equipment. Only 6 beers into brewing. What say you people?
Disclaimer: I have done zero research beyond seeing this and wanting it.

http://www.ontariobeerkegs.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=ssbrewtech-ftss-7galchronical

And it's not complete... There's no chiller with the controller and cooling coil.

You can buy an inkbird temp controller for $40 and use a $20-30 heat strip for heat and $10 discharge hose wrapped around the conical for cooling and accomplish the same thing only it won't look as pretty... I used foil faced insulation wrap to insulate mine after controlling temps with a similiar diy setup. The Ss system is nice in that it's plug in play but its not cheap... Using a Craigslist fridge or freezer is another popular option.

Back