Swap-O-Rama #5, The fall harvest...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if you do any of the festivals, but IMO the Craft Beer Festival in March is probably my all time favorite. Next year it will be on March 1st, general admission is 45.00 and VIP is 75.00. Last year Jester King was there at the VIP only session pouring rares.
Soooo yea, I'm doing VIP this year lol

Love festivals. Definitely going to have to go to that one then.

Thanks

The Secret Santa Sour Swap got mod approval. Give me some time to get the rules together and I'll start the thread.

I think it's pretty tough and not much of it gets out to stores. I know it sells out at the brewery the same day it gets releases. I live 2-1/2 hrs away from the brewery and they don't distribute here so I watch the Facebook page and hop in the car when I see it...

I've happened across it a couple times in stores, usually with a one six-pack limit. The smaller stores seem to actually be able to keep it on the shelf for a little while, but places like Binny's seem to sell out of everything they get from 3floyds within hours.

When the brewpub has it, they have a two-case limit, regardless of what beer you buy. You can usually tell if they have Zombie Dust for sale just by looking at the line at the carry-out counter. If it's just out the door, they probably don't have it. If it's out the door and at least halfway across the parking lot, they probably do.

It's a little more than an hour ride for me to the brewery, but I drive through there about once a month as i have family and a house in Indiana. The brewpub is worth a stop no matter what they have for sale, so there's a good chance i'll find myself there at some point over thanksgiving weekend, if they have ZD, even better!

Hey, a question for all you Chicago-area guys. Can anyone score me a bottle of "Hey, Careful Man, There's a Beverage Here" from Pipeworks? Id like to get one for my brother for Christmas.

bcros80 said:
Hey, a question for all you Chicago-area guys. Can anyone score me a bottle of "Hey, Careful Man, There's a Beverage Here" from Pipeworks? Id like to get one for my brother for Christmas.

Oh man that was a good beer! I'll keep an eye out but I haven't seen it in stores. I got lucky and got the last bomber my local alehouse had. Very delicious

Thanks man, I appreciate it

If you find it, pick a couple up for me, or at least let me know where you found it!

Sorry guys. Went to both places I saw it last week(one of which still has it listed as being there on beermenus.com) and they were both out. Would have loved to help. Maybe I'll get lucky and see it over the weekend, but probably not. If so I'll get ahold of you

absoluthamm said:
Sorry guys. Went to both places I saw it last week(one of which still has it listed as being there on beermenus.com) and they were both out. Would have loved to help. Maybe I'll get lucky and see it over the weekend, but probably not. If so I'll get ahold of you

Thanks for trying, I think I found someone on BA that's going to hook me up. Was waiting til I heard from you before getting back to him. That beer will really tie the room together ;)

TheMan said:
So it appears everyone got their package. Nicely done fellas!

No, unfortunately not. I'm still waiting... I heard from my sender but he didn't have a timeline for me to get my beers.

Wow, so did you have to tell them what was in the box?

Of course, I was sending my dear friend drphunk some of my GFs hand painted glass vases as a gift for his new house.....LOL

They asked me for a copy of an invoice and i told them that it was a gift for him and there was no invoice made. I think that sealed the deal, also the fact that it wasnt damaged...just fell off the earth entirely.

Of course, I was sending my dear friend drphunk some of my GFs hand painted glass vases as a gift for his new house.....LOL

They asked me for a copy of an invoice and i told them that it was a gift for him and there was no invoice made. I think that sealed the deal, also the fact that it wasnt damaged...just fell off the earth entirely.

How did they figure out what it was worth? Was it the fedex $100 insurance?

Hey I have a question. I know there is an inherent risk with trading. My question is: what is my next step here. I sent 6 zombie to a guy about a month or so ago. And about 3 weeks ago, he said he has them and would be shipping mine out. Since then, I have heard nothing. He has gone radio silent and I have tried to message him a few times to no avail.

I don't want to give out his name just yet, I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and give him time to ship. I am not too mad about loosing the zombie, I know trading is a risk, but I was looking forward to what he was gonna send.

What should my next step be?

Its from this website? Maybe reach out to the admin and see if he can confirm if he has been online lately, do you have his phone number? Search him out on google?

pluchar said:
Hey I have a question. I know there is an inherent risk with trading. My question is: what is my next step here. I sent 6 zombie to a guy about a month or so ago. And about 3 weeks ago, he said he has them and would be shipping mine out. Since then, I have heard nothing. He has gone radio silent and I have tried to message him a few times to no avail. I don't want to give out his name just yet, I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and give him time to ship. I am not too mad about loosing the zombie, I know trading is a risk, but I was looking forward to what he was gonna send. What should my next step be?

I had a similar issue a while back! I gave it over two months with no communication or a response back. Admins got involved (but I was told because I was a supporting member). Long story short my recipient had some financial issues going on and was embarrassed to tell me. He has since become one of my regular trading partners. I've even had a few beers with him when I visited his state. Point of story is you never know what's going on in someone else's life. Not that it makes it right the way your guy is handling it, and maybe he is out to screw you (hopefully not), but give it a little more time. Keeo checking to see if he's logged in, and after two or three months give him one final chance before you leave negative feedback and contact the admins. Hopefully this is just a fluke like my situation! Hope my story gives you a better insight! Good luck!

From the Exchange sticky:
BierMuncher's Anti-Welch Clause**:
Stiffing your recipients will likely lead to being banned in any future participation events and there's no guarantee you won't be called out in public. Word gets around on this board. This does not apply to unavoidable circumstances occurring so long as they have been communicated to the person expecting your shipment.

Giving your posted or PM'ed commitment to participate and then not communicating is unacceptable.

** No. BierMuncher never stiffed nobody. He's just looking out for you.

I agree with ed on giving the guy a chance, but 2-3 months is bit too long for me to wait. If I get no reply after several PMs in 2 weeks, I would go to an admin. HOWEVER, with Thanksgiving last week I would extend that about a week.

Alright, so I've been away a tad...looks like johnnyhitch should have a box to drphunk soon. Im going to hold off on creating the next round till after the holidays. I think we can all hold off for three weeks lol...save up some good local stuff in the mean time in preparation for the next round in January.

TheMan said:
Alright, so I've been away a tad...looks like johnnyhitch should have a box to drphunk soon. Im going to hold off on creating the next round till after the holidays. I think we can all hold off for three weeks lol...save up some good local stuff in the mean time in preparation for the next round in January.

Sounds good to me. Thanks again for running these. :mug:

It looks like my package was shipped out today, we should be able to close this out for good by next week.

It looks like my package was shipped out today, we should be able to close this out for good by next week.

Shipped this morning!

I think I only included 36oz of farmhouse (sorry about that) but there were a ton of IPAs plus some brewery swag.

Hope you enjoy Phunk!
Thx again TheMan.

So I plan on giving the guy another week or so, but no response as of yet. For my own knowledge, and when it comes time for it, how do I make contact with an admin to discuss this?

So I plan on giving the guy another week or so, but no response as of yet. For my own knowledge, and when it comes time for it, how do I make contact with an admin to discuss this?

Simply send an admin a pm. Thats all.

Did you check his account?
If hes been posting and not answering you I would get it over with and contact the admins now. The longer you wait the worse it gets IMO.

Also not sure on what the admins could do besides get his personal info like a cell phone or house # and then ban him but that does you no good unless your willing to get confrontation on the phone.

Hope this turns out for the best in the end buddy.
******** that shaft beer trades are complete DOUSHBAGS and should be flamed.

Cheers!

There really is not much the admins can do as far as making the guy send you what you're owed. They can ban him or what not, but that does nothing for you with regards to being out a package of beer.

What was he supposed to send you?

I'd like to get this thread back on topic for a moment. I received my package from Johnny today and it appears to have been worth the wait! A bunch of stuff I've never tried plus a couple of tasters. Only thing I've had is the back in black from another trade awhile back but I always enjoy some 21st Amendment.
Thanks for getting this turned back around after the whole FedEx debacle!

image-976233318.jpg

image-847315250.jpg

image-3878242169.jpg

Sorry to derail. That's a sweet haul you got!

I'm not upset about loosing the beer, just a 6er of zombie, and he was gonna throw together an oz for oz trade of east coast stuff. I know there is basically nothing I could do, just didn't know if there was a next step or if others here had similar experiences. FYI, he has not posted in 3 weeks and won't reply to texts either. Radio silent. Oh well.

I'd like to get this thread back on topic for a moment. I received my package from Johnny today and it appears to have been worth the wait! A bunch of stuff I've never tried plus a couple of tasters. Only thing I've had is the back in black from another trade awhile back but I always enjoy some 21st Amendment.
Thanks for getting this turned back around after the whole FedEx debacle!

View attachment 165673

View attachment 165674

View attachment 165675

Nice, I got some of the same from psycotte; Captain Lawrence IPA(Really good IPA), Spider Bite White Bite(Mine was very carbed, good taste, but too much carb, maybe yours will be different), Celtic Ale(Also very good, he sent another from LI that was great too). Also picked up the two Weyerbachers you got, Last Chance IPA and Double Simcoe IPA, when my buddy was out there. The Double Simcoe will probably catch you off guard with all of it's simcoe-y-ness.

Back